Dynamic 20-year technology-centric career reflecting innovation and proven success in Channel Development, Professional Services, Technical Help Desk, Engineering Management, Telecom Field Operations, and Program Management. Strategically-focused with exceptional leadership skills. Effective at building high performance teams and leading change in competitive business environments.
- Revenue and Profit Growth: Increased realized billable rates 15% in two years. Increased gross profit for professional services team by 16%.
- Building Virtual Teams: Instrumental in growing regional channel partners participating in services program by 250% over 18 month period. Developed process that helped partners grow vendor certifications by 500%.
- Strategic Operations Development: Led convergence of two independent engineering teams into a single entity reducing operational costs by 12% while boosting productivity by 10%.
- Customer Service: Established standardized project execution methodologies to ensure exceptional and consistent standards of delivery to customers. Eight consecutive years of customer loyalty scores exceeding targets.
Nov 2009 - Present
VP/General Manager - Raleigh
Direct and oversee business operations, market business plan, and sales management, staff, and their activities in Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, and surrounding areas. Ensure targets for sales, revenue, and customer growth, retention, and satisfaction are met, while leading and advancing corporate business, sales, and financial goals.
Oct 2007 - Nov 2009
Area Service Partner Manager
Successfully manage and grow EMC partner channel base across Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. Currently responsible for success of 30+ partners.
- Significant involvement with other channel team members to grow regional partner base from 12 to 31 in 18 months.
- Initiated new process that enhanced partner’s capability to complete specific EMC certifications. Process was adopted and used across North America. Channel Certifications grew by 500% over 18 months.
- Appointed as Quality Liaison for North American Theater to develop enhancement to existing partner quality program. Actively worked with other theater team leads and engaged with third party survey company to initiate upgrades.
- Regional task leader for regional initiative to grow partner’s presales capability
Aug 2005 - Aug 2007
VP Professional Services
Senior Operations Executive with full strategic planning, execution, and P&L management responsibility for $7M services division. Reported directly to the CEO.
·Reshaped the operations structure resulting in increased sales pipeline and reduced turn-around time for presales requests
·Implemented performance planning and feedback sessions that reduced turnover by 70%
·Continuously met team utilization targets across six practices while meeting technical certification requirements across 70 unique objectives
Oct 1995 - Aug 2005
General Manager – Technical Assistance Center (2003-2005)
General Manager – Advanced Implementation Team (2001-2003)
Regional Operations Manager (1999-2001)
District Operations Manager (1997-1999)
Data Project Manager (1996-1997)
Data Engineer (1995-1996)
- Number one region five consecutive years for revenue and gross margin attainment
- Spearheaded telecommunications infrastructure provisions for 1999 U.S. Open in Pinehurst, NC
- Decreased turn-around time for presales requests by 25% through standardization of processes and product offerings