Project Grant Manager and Technology Coordinator
Old Dominion University - Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
- Developed one-day workshop for DNP students on using social media to improve access to healthcare in rural communities; resulting in students implementing social media strategy in respective practices as an extension and enhancement of clinical practice
- Wrote (first author) of paper for publication in the International Journal of Nursing Education Scholars; entitled "Educating Advanced Practice DNP's in Using Social Media in Rural Healthcare". Publication in process.
- Presented at National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties in Albuquerque, NM on the topic of "Educating Advanced Practice DNP's in Using Social Media in Rural Healthcare"
- Guided DNP faculty through mission, values and marketing planning process resulting in new, powerful brand; all aspects have been or are in the process of being implemented
- Developed and implemented internal and external communications program with primary stakeholders (faculty, staff, students, program graduates) resulting in greater program visibility
- Created overall internal organizational structure for program facilitating communications among faculty, outside resources and accreditation audiences
- Identified and coordinated implementation of technology in conjunction with three-year HRSA technology grant; in this first this focused on how to use social media to extend and enhance care in rural communities
- Manage internal and external communications for staff, faculty, students and graduate; includes facilitation of strategy including use of social media/networking and website
- Maintain overall School of Nursing Graduate Students Nurses' Association website
- Advise and coordinate use of leading-edge technology for inclusion in curriculum, teach social media aspect
- Coordinate DNP student Telehealth residency program with health care organizations across state of Virginia
- Advise on overall marketing and management of program
- Maintain organizational infrastructure for re-accreditation