I recently completed my MBA at Pepperdine University and I want to apply my new education and experience to the Advertising/Marketing industry. I hope to join an organization in a sales or marketing capacity where I can learn and grow within the profession, become a marketing professional, and build a long term relationship.
Over eight years of diversified experience in direct marketing and sales supported by banking and financial services background. Resourceful problem-solver, skilled in identifying and meeting needs. Excellent analytical strengths and proven record of optimizing sales/productivity while reducing costs. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, DreamWeaver, and Crystal Reports applications.
Core competencies include:
- Account Management
- Supervisory Experience
- Market Research/Focus Groups
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Consulting Experience
- Project management
- Negotiation Skills
- Market/Sales Analysis
- Studied business systems for one term in England, Belgium, and France.
- Publicity Chairperson for Bethel’s student government.
- Member of men’s soccer team.
Jan 2007 - Dec 2008
- Financial analysis project - Experian, 2008
- Involved researching credit industry, conducting interviews with Experian personnel, interpreting data, and presenting all information to Managerial Finance class
- Strategic analysis project - Experian, 2008
- Involved SWOT analysis, internal and environmental analysis, listing of competitive advantages, and recommending and implementing ways to improve Experian's overall strategy. Presented information to students and professors in Strategic Management class.
- Business to Business consulting project - Hyundai Motors, 2007
- Participated in trimester long project that involved market research and consulting with Hyundai Motors on brand loyalty. Presented to executives of company ways to improve technology within their automobiles to increase sales and customer loyalty.
2006 - 2009
Accounts Receivable and Credit Specialist
Managed credit and accounts receivables for all customers in Northern California, Oregon, and Nevada. Established credit accounts by analyzing credit reports, reviewed credit references, and examined proper certificates and licensing. Negotiated and established payment plans for clients who were delinquent in paying their outstanding balance.
- Maintained days sales outstanding for accounts over 60 days to under 10% in 2007.
- Created new policy and procedure to collect on past due accounts which resulted in a 20% reduction of collections by the company's attorney.
- Received Star Award for exceptional customer service.
2005 - 2006
Wells Fargo Bank
Provided loans, lines of credit, certificates of deposits, and other financial products to individuals and businesses based on financial objective, examination of credit, and financial statements.
- Maintained an 80% to 100% quota goal completion rating each quarter.
- Exceeded quota on loans and lines of credit for three consecutive quarters.
- Created sales/incentive programs for tellers that increased daily sales for branch.
- Won company’s Super-Nova award that recognizes outstanding customer service.
2002 - 2005
Regional Sales Representative
Advised clients on how to promote their businesses effectively using direct marketing techniques such as mailers, websites, and banners. In charge of all sales in four East Coast states.
- Maintained a 90% to 100% quota goal completion rating each quarter.
- Developed and performed focus group studies at nationwide seminars which enhanced company’s knowledge of marketing products customers wanted.
- Helped Marketing department decide which products and services to be included in quarterly catalog.
- Exclusive provider of marketing material promoting Mel Gibson’s “The Passion” movie. Worked with over 200 churches in bringing the film to their community and promoting movie nationwide.
1999 - 2002
Customer Service Supervisor
Supervised six customer service representatives within a call center environment. Trained new hires to department.
- Developed company’s first procedure manual for Customer Service department. The manual enhanced efficiency and reduced processing errors.
- Implemented backorder system that integrated with shipping department. System improved customer retention and reduced shipping cost by 12%.
- Created continuous education seminars and delivered presentations to department.
- Two-time winner of Star Award for excellent customer service.