Global Brands Group – A large global manufacturer of clothing and accessories with US Headquarters in NYC, and many major cities around the world.
Aug 2016 – Nov 2016 (Contract)
Role: Senior IT Project Manager leading IT Infrastructure projects.
- Led analysis, design, and implementation of new High-Density Wi-Fi AP system.
- Planned rollout of new desktops for hundreds of business users in the Empire State Building.
- Led and coordinated a number of new office IT buildouts and employee moves.
MTA IT Headquarters/Metro North Railroad – One of the largest commuter railroads in the world, servicing New York and Connecticut with over 50,000 employees. Headquartered in New York, NY
April 2013 – June 2016 (Contract)
Role: Senior IT Project/Program Manager leading large IT Infrastructure projects for MTA IT.
- Completed design and build-out of new primary Datacenter for Metro-North RR at MTA HQ (NYC).
- Planned migration of all critical systems and applications to new production Datacenter.
- Completed design and implementation of new Fiber Plant and WAN fiber links for MTA HQ Datacenter.
- Led Enterprise Architecture design of critical production IT Systems moving to new datacenter.
- Managed Technology for new Metro-North employee facility at Grand Central for 5 new floors. Includes Central Server (MDF) and floor distribution (IDF) rooms. New space to consolidate ~850 employees.
- Created detailed Disaster Recovery Plan for Metro-North RR (MNRR).
- Planned and built new Disaster Recovery site for critical IT systems and applications for MNRR.
- Created IT On-boarding process flow diagram and plan for all MTA agencies.
- Led and completed implementation of new Cisco Appspace employee information TV platform for MNRR.
- Served on PMO Steering Committee to set project selection and governance standards.
- Plan, design and implement new datacenter and migrate all critical MTA IT systems and applications from Madison Ave Headquarter buildings and distributed server room housing critical systems to new datacenter.
- Lead IT teams and project contractors to ensure projects stay focused to complete on target and on budget.
- Communicate project risks and issues to key business and technology managers to ensure project success.
- Track and Prioritize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Create and distribute detailed and high-level project plans that highlight critical path.
- Document project requirements for IT systems migrating to new datacenter facility .
- Document application criticality, tier levels, migration priorities, and User Acceptance Testing requirements.
- Participate in senior level project strategy, design, and budget meetings.
- Manage/coordinate budgets, timelines, and equipment purchases.
Presidio – A technology solutions provider with 50 offices throughout the US and over 4,000 personnel. Headquartered in New York City and Woburn, MA
July 2012 – Nov 2012 (Contract)
Role: Senior Project Manager coordinating integration of BlueWater Communication Group’s business processes and financial systems into Presidio business consulting environment.
- Worked with Senior Management to document financial tools and migration timelines for key organizational groups within BlueWater Communications.
- Completed business process flow diagrams for all internal and consulting groups at BlueWater.
Pearson Education – International educational, publishing, and financial organization with hundreds of offices located around the world and over 40,000 personnel. Headquartered in London, UK
Oct 2011 – May 2012 (Contract)
Role: Senior IT Project Manager
- Completed technical requirements analysis, IT systems design, project schedule, and IT budget for new buildings at 330 Hudson St., NYC and Hoboken, NJ. New buildings consolidate ~3,400 people from Pearson Education and Financial Times Operating Companies in offices located throughout NY and NJ.
- Completed assessment and documentation of Boston Server Rooms to determine feasibility of consolidation. Gather technical, power, communication, HV/AC, and space requirements. Created and submitted detailed analysis report.
- Gather technology requirements for all business divisions moving into new planned office buildings.
- Lead engineering teams, and work with senior management / facilities managers at business units to prepare IT budgets for new buildings in New York, New Jersey, and Boston. Estimated IT budget $15M-20M.
- Assess and analyze datacenter migration / consolidation requirements and BC/DR planning.
McGraw-Hill Companies – International Organization with offices located around the world and over 25,000 personnel. Industry segments include financial, education, and publishing.
May 2011 – July 2011 (Contract)
Role: Senior IT Project Manager
- Successfully completed build-out of new Enterprise Vault servers at three primary and three Backup Datacenters located in US, Singapore, and London.
- Completed a global upgrade to new EVault 9.0 archive and compliance software and migrated Exchange archive data from 25,000 users to new servers at all regional Datacenters.
United Nations Headquarters – International Organization with thousands of offices located around the world and over 250,000 personnel.
August 2010 – April 2011 (Contract)
Role: Senior IT Project Manager
- Completed technical RFP to evaluate and select vendors for a new Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Global Network to replace End-of Life communication links between UN offices around the world.
- Delivered RFP to Procurement with an Evaluation Matrix to aid in a fail selection process.
- Served on PMO Steering Committee to set standards for status and other critical project reports.
North Shore Medical Center – Medical Complex with 80 Institutions and 40,000 employees
March 2010 – May 2010 (Contract)
Role: Senior IT Project Manager leading 5 WAN Infrastructure projects at 2 datacenters and 80 hospital facilities
Project Scope: Upgrade existing WAN Infrastructure, communication links, and Internet access at primary datacenter and new datacenter in Westchester. Increase performance, reliability, and security for all institutions, remote users, and affiliated sites. (Project put on hold due to delay in signing contract with service provider.)
Tocqueville Asset Management – New York City$7 Billion Asset Management Firm
March 2004 – Dec 2009 (Independent Contractor)
Role: Senior IT Project Manager to lead new datacenter build-out, LAN/WAN system design, and DR Planning.
Key Accomplishments: ■ Assessed IT business requirements and risks ■ Successfully completed new office buildout ■ Planned, designed, and implemented IT systems for new office ■ Designed and built conference rooms with advanced AV systems ■ Created Hot Backup Site at SunGard Datacenter that consisted of over 25 servers, supporting critical financial applications and data feeds.
Basic Element, Inc. – International Financial and Manufacturing Firm
Feb 2007 – Dec 2008 (Independent Contractor)
Role: Senior IT Project Manager and Systems Architect for new office and server room at headquarters.
Key Accomplishments: ■ Assessed IT business requirements ■ Planned, designed, and managed all aspects of new office and server room systems, including IT infrastructure, secure WAN communications and IP voice system ■ Completed new office buildout with advanced conference room AV systems.