Sep 2006 - Present
Jul 2003 - Aug 2006
Head of Research and Analyst
Publishers Communication Group
- Designed capacity-planning/monitoring process to better manage research staff.Increased production by approximately 10% per researcher.
- Designed and delivered the Market Segmentation Study service, a new source of revenue for the company.
- Improved reporting quality by expanding quantitative capabilities to include the ability to forecast using regression analysis, increasing revenue by 20% on certain projects. Implemented changes and upgrades to project and contact databases to allow for the capture and analysis of detailed, quantitative information.
- Conducted analysis of historical revenue and expenditure data resulting in a program to determine profit levels for new projects.
How have the reasons for library subscription cancellations varied over the last two years, and what effect have those cancellations had on publishers and librarians? This presentation addresses these concerns and also offers insight into the influence of electronic subscriptions on the overall journal subscription market.
Originally presented at the 2005 Charleston Conference.
Jan 2001 - Jul 2003
Senior Research Associate
J. Robert Scott/Fidelity Investments
- Identified passive candidates through networking, sourcing and original research.
- Conducted in-depth research and analysis and completed reports and presentations on topics of strategic concern to clients such as Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and biometrics.
- Identified and researched companies for new business development opportunities for a vertically focused Managing Director in the high technology marketplace.
1997 - Present
St. John's Preparatory School
2002 - 2005
James M. Matarazzo Scholar Beta Phi Mu
Matarazzo, J., Clarke, J. (2008). The Influence of Private and Public Companies on the Special Library Job Market. Information Outlook.