Entrusted to facilitate new business engagements and expansions throughout China and Hong Kong on behalf of this global provider of health care, personal care, cosmetics and household product lines with operations in 15 international territories. Multifaceted accountabilities included market entry strategy, market launch strategy, market expansion, $2MM budget management, P & L management, synergistic program management, business model and compensation plan establishment, business planning, sales, marketing, market research, international sponsorship program, field communication, field training, opportunity meetings with distributors, field recognition, customer growth, inventory management, IT & Finance system roll-out, product portfolio management, product registration, retail store establishment, government relations, public relations,vendor relations, negotiations and 30-person employee development. Responsible for new market openings.
Instituted Operational Excellence initiatives into all the 12 international markets (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, United Kingdom, and Amsterdam) to achieve operations efficiencies and strategic alignment with overall corporate mission and objectives.
• Spearheaded development of all strategies for new business and market expansion into China within just 1 year of career tenure, negotiating receipt of Direct Selling License from China’s Ministry of Commerce at lower cost and in shorter time frame than competitors. Efforts included regulatory compliance, market launch planning and execution, establishment of the China operations from the ground up; establishment of 12 retail service centers, and 80-member team management.
• Orchestrated a successful turnaround of business operations for Hong Kong office, restoring employee morale and top distributors' confidence in the company, surpassing revenue and profitability objectives and growing distributors’ retention rate from 70% to ~90%.
• Revitalized product pipeline via successful launch of 60 SKUs in China in just 3 months.
• A key contributor to the success of obtaining China SFDA product registration approval for 3 imported health food products for the company.
• Saved company $1MM in expenses by reengineering inventory management process, reducing inventory holdings for improved working capital and implementing sales and marketing programs with built in profitability reporting.
• A key contributor to monthly positive double digit net salesgrowth and achievement of 90% customer retention rate throughout China market through implementation of solutions-based sales, marketing and loyalty programs, streamlining of product portfolio and effective relationship building with local government entities.