I have worked as a tutor for students of all age levels since graduating from Stanford University in 2001. I have tutored and taught ESL, English, the SAT I and II and AP English and History. My students have told me that they like my dedication to their understanding of whatever material is being taught, as well as my friendly, upbeat teaching style.
Tocontribute my passion for and excitment about tutoring and teaching to equally committed students.
In my free time, I love to travel as much as possible. I learned Italian while studying abroad in Florence, Italy, and I still attend meetings for an Italian language club (and eat gelato whenever possible.) I also love to read, watch movies, play tennis, and be outdoors. You can often find me haunting an antique shop, too.
I have also been a freelance writer and editor for the past five years. My writing has appeared in websites and publications including AAA's Westways and Alabama Journeys magazines, AOL CityGuide San Diego and CaribbeanEdge Magazine. Please contact me for more information regarding my writing and editing services!
Jan 2007 - Present
- Tutor students in reading, writing and SAT prep.
Aug 2008 - Present
- Tutor students of all ages in English, writing and SAT prep
Jul 2007 - Mar 2008
SAT and AP Instructor
- Taught SAT I Reading, Writing and Essay class
- Taught AP English and History class
- Taught a class of Level 1-2 ESL students; designed own curriculum
Jul 2007 - Oct 2007
- Taught introductory English to adult students
- Designed creative lesson plans to supplement course materials
Jan 2007 - Jun 2007
Ninth Grade Student Teacher - English and Geography
- Designed and implemented curriculum structured to meet the unique instructional needs of SDAIE and ELL students
- Established a variety of teaching strategies including group work and directed lessons
- Successfully incorporated classroom management techniques into daily activities
Mar 2006 - Jun 2007
Berlitz Language School
- Provide structured English language instruction to ELL and ESL students
- Design and implement lesson plans individually customized to each student
Sep 2006 - Dec 2006
7th Grade Student Teacher - English
- Designed engaging lesson plans which integrated differentiated instruction
- Utilized SDAI and ELL teaching strategies to maximize impact on students’ learning
- Employed instructional techniques integrating multiple intelligences