City of Toronto
For the past three years I have acted as the Project Manager for the 311 Toronto Project. Launched in 2009 and currently exploring new and exciting initiatives, 311 transformed the way The City of Toronto approached customer service. 4,000 citizens now rely on the 311 service each day. I have acted in several integral roles as 311 developed over the last five years. Our Project Management Office has built a reputation as a leader in project management and cross-divisional service delivery.
My relevant experiences to this position include:
- Developing project charters and managing all formal project management plans and schedules
- Implementing adaptive risk management plans and managing any scope creep
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress, status, deliverables, dependencies, milestones, vendor warranty items, change requests, and critical issues
- Writing and communicating project Lessons Learned and Project Charters
- Preparing conceptual assessments, business requirements, project plans, briefing notes, policies and procedures, manuals and resource plans
- Lead for 311’s Records Information Management Model
- Training and mentoring PMO staff and stakeholders on project management methodology
- Coordinating City of Toronto Divisional management, their staff and external vendors.
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Preparing Director-level reports for City Councilors and Deputy City Managers
- Performing field analysis with City Divisions and its Agencies, Board and Commissions
- Active participation and collaboration with Information & Technology teams