Jay Werth’s multi-dimensional career suits his primary role as a Project Director for National Community Development Services of Atlanta. Jay contracts with NCDS to manage fund raising projects from community economic development to hospitals, museums and the arts.He currently is directing ACCELERATE!, a $4,000,000 economic development capital campaign for the Greenville Chamber of Commerce.As an executive with privately and publicly held media companies, Jay led accomplished staffs to achieve revenue and operational successes. Radio stations under his leadership won several national awards for their accomplishments in programming, community involvement and charitable support.One of his highlights was participating in the procurement of hundreds of thousands of dollars during fund raising campaigns for Children’s Hospitals in Little Rock, AR and Tulsa, OK.After a lengthy media career Jay became a performance consultant to privately held business. He founded Carolina Business Partner and assisted organizations’ with their employee selection, development and retention strategies. He also provided marketing consultation to small business owners. He continues to maintain a select group of clients.Jay is a student of team building and finds this beneficial working in community development. He believes that aptitude, motivation, and optimism are the critical success drivers for professional and personal success.For several years he has participated in Chamber of Commerce resource campaigns, personally responsible for procuring hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and in kind donations. He combines organization savvy, leadership, discipline, and enthusiasm for private and public sector community development programs.
May 2007 - Present
National Community Development Services
Current - Greenville, SC Chamber of Commerce, $4,000,000 economic development. campaign.
April 2008 - March 2009 - Van Wert County Hospital, Van Wert, OH - $4,000,000 Emergency Department expansion.
March 2007 - December 2007 - Yankton Area Progressive Growth, Yankton, SD - $2,500,000 economic development campaign.
Mar 2003 - Present
Carolina Business Partner
Carolina Business Partner's most significant affiliation is with National Community Development Services of Atlanta, GA. Jay Werth is a Project Director responsible for facilitating economic development and other non-profit enterprise fund raising campaigns. Most campaigns seek funding over a three to five year period. Werth spends nine to twelve months on site directing the campaign organization.
Feb 2004 - Apr 2006
First Sun Consulting
Selected by owner to develop additional lines of business.Renewed customer relationship with South Carolina�s largest business.Conducted team-building workshop for Fortune 1000 company management group resulting in a twelve-month initial consulting agreement.
Jul 2001 - Jan 2003
Journal Broadcast Group
- P&L responsibility for $5M operation.
- Launched program format change of heritage radio station increasing audienceratings three fold initially and improving sales to match prior format within six months.
- Negotiated sponsor rights for the region's largest music festival by overcoming arch competitor.
- Improved revenue collections by 25%, capturing over $.25M in revenue.
May 2000 - Apr 2001
South Central Communications
- P&L responsibility for $12M operation.
- Increased revenues from $9.5M to $12.3M in 12 months, doubling industry growth pace.
- Grew profits from $2.9M to $4.3M in 12 months.
- Revamped several systems improving productivity, efficiency and compliance with Government regulations.
Sep 1997 - Apr 2000
- P&L responsibility for $30M operation.
- Overcame 20% sales loss compared to prior YTD, and increased sales more than 10% within first year.
- Identified opportunity and started new division with $1.2M in sales first year.
- Directed telemarketing and direct mail efforts to increase customer base by more than 10%.
Apr 1987 - Sep 1997
Vice President/General Manager
Southern Skies Corporation
- P&L responsibility for $5M operation.
- Outpaced industry growth six out of ten years and matched growth the other fouryears in competitive and fragmented market.
- Initiated statewide marketing program that grew industry specific retail sales in the millions, while providing $225,000 in advertising revenue for Southern Skies.