Lead Technical Consultant / Solution Architect - New York, NY
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Primary consultant for the largest school district in the nation, New York City public and private schools. Business liaison for the national sales organization and third-party education partners. Identified, designed, and implemented innovative educational solutions for helping resolve complex educational problems and needs. Coordinated multiple concurrent programs and integrated interoperable solutions with third-party vendors. Led cross-functional teams through the development, testing, and deployment of educational programs. Main contributor and facilitator of sales and professional services solution sales/value selling strategies.
- Directly tied to $12M+ sales per year for New York City through streamlined pre-sales solutions.
- Earned 100% satisfaction rating and ranking from customers, peers, and third-party vendor surveys year over year (YOY) by positioning new opportunities, informing request for proposals (RFP) responses, and helping account executives closeout deals.
- Established a $14M deal by implementing an educational maturity model instituting trust with c-level executives, allowing the design of the educational solutions to help students develop 21st-century learning skills.
- Improved operational efficiency 29% by developing a reputable sales framework, creating cross-departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and leveraging ITIL framework
- Stabilized relationships between 10+ third-party vendors and coordinated API development efforts, incorporating a standardized method for self-service rostering and integrated services.
- Achieved outstanding rating and ranking YOY during goal review, proactively improving business development (BD) through data analytics across internal and external processes and programs.
- Solidified funding on multiple at-risk accounts, acquiring grants and funding in collaboration with internal resources and clients.
- Drove discovery discussions YOY by leveraging and maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) system, obtaining historical data and updating new information about customer accounts.