Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
The educational landscape is shifting and educational institutions are looking for support and consultative services as they transition to online or mobile learning, objectives to create environments that positively influence teacher effectiveness, and promote optimal learning environments for 21st Century Learners. Solution Strategist expect to bring both thought leadership and a high degree of broad expertise and credibility to each engagement. Solution Strategist are trusted advisor to HMH clients with the aptitude to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Facilitate a series of discovery sessions to help determine the right mix of products, services, and platforms to meet the needs and demands of the schools, districts, and State Department of Education
- Provided pre-sales support to Account Executives to help customers solve complex problems
- Consistently collaborate with implementation/post sales teams to scope the program to ensure successful implementation and profitability
- Support business development through proactive opportunity identification, proposition development, RFP responses and supporting Account Executives to close deals
- Develop and maintain strong client relations with senior and C-level executives—develop new insights into the client's business model and pain points, and deliver actionable, high-impact results
- Present, architect and design educational ecosystems leveraging open architecture, cloud based mobile solutions, learning management systems, content management systems, mobile device management, social networking, online marketplaces and libraries
- Work with internal resources and clients to acquire grants and funding
- Functioning as a mobile solution and delivery leader and partnering with the sales strategy division we established a mobile transformation strategy to adapt to our web and print assets as well as streamline our sales process. Facilitated strategy workshops with key stakeholders establishing pre-sales vision, goals, and values; Formulated pre-sales framework and processes; Developed a product roadmap and release plan; Developed user roles and personas needed to fulfill project obligations.
- Working with a sales account executive and cross functional teams internally we developed an educational solution designed to help students develop 21st century skills. The deal, worth $14 Million dollars included a blend of products, services, an educational ecosystem for grades K-12, and would be delivered over a 5 year span. The educational ecosystem was designed to help students develop 21st century skills.