Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Solution Strategist expected to bring both thought leadership and a high degree of broad expertise and credibility to each engagement. Solution Strategists are trusted advisor to HMH clients with the aptitude to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Facilitate a series of discovery sessions to help determine the right mix of products, services, and platforms to meet the needs and demands of the schools, districts, and a State's Department of Education
- Provided pre-sales support to Account Executives to help customers solve complex problems
- Consistently collaborate with implementation/post sales teams to scope the program to ensure successful implementation and profitability
- Support business development through proactive opportunity identification, proposition development, RFP responses and supporting Account Executives to close deals
- Develop and maintain strong client relations with senior and C-level executives—develop new insights into the client's business model and pain points, and deliver actionable, high-impact results
- Present, architect, and design educational ecosystems leveraging open architecture, cloud-based mobile solutions, learning management systems, content management systems, mobile device management, social networking, online marketplaces, and libraries
- Work with internal resources and clients to acquire grants and funding
- Functioning as a mobile solution and delivery leader and partnering with the sales strategy division we established a transformation strategy to adapt to our web and print assets as well as streamline our sales process. Facilitated strategy workshops with key stakeholders establishing pre-sales vision, goals, and values; Formulated pre-sales framework and processes; Developed a product roadmap and release plan; Developed user roles and personas needed to fulfill project obligations.
- Working with a sales account executive and cross-functional teams internally we developed an educational solution designed to help students develop 21st-century skills. The deal, worth $14 Million dollars included a blend of products, services, an educational ecosystem for grades K-12, and would be delivered over a 5-year span. The educational ecosystem was designed to help students develop 21st-century skills.