Member of Technical Staff
Blackduck software / [Synopsys Inc]
Brought to blackduck to transition their technology stack to a cloud native offering.
Perceptor platform for Scalable, Cloud Native Security Scanning
- Co-creator of the Perceptor open source platform for cloud native event response, scanning at data center scales, built around its original downstream product, OpsSight scanner.
- Lead, trained a highly dynamic teams of 5 engineers to build an multicontainer platform that operated at 200+node scale with cloud native metrics, logging, and recovery SLAs within 3 months.
Porting the Blackduck Hub to be a fully Cloud Native Product.
- Relentless customer support for all products for my team: creating a direct line of sight from customer driven insights to engineering R&D and implementation. Ported 10s of major customers to on-premise OpenShift and Kubernetes offerings.
- Ported a complex, purely docker based application to a cloud native, unprivileged, kubernetes/openshift offering and drove its adoption with several fortune 500 customers, helping them both adopt and embrace their own changing internal infrastructure alongside the idiosyncracies of our own cloud native security scanning offering (the blackduck hub).
Bootstrapped and grew Pure Kubernetes SAAS product offering from 0 to 80 customers
- Architected initial kubernetes SAAS offering using cloud SQL, and pure cloud storage solutions on GCE. Grew the SAAS from a prototype for small scales to the main line of business for all customer types at all scales.
- Worked with multinational team to make sure downtimes during upgrades, patches were within SLAs. This product is the future of the companies revenue stream, and was a major part of our 500-million dollar acquisition by Synopsys Inc. Also worked with customers to ease the adoption burden by assuring them of the platforms stablility.
Brought large cluster testing and infrastructure automation to the forefront
- Design, engineering, and internal training on a continous delivery and ephemeral infrastructure pipeline from scratch for verifying cloud native application offerings on all major platforms (openshift, kubernetes, swarm).
- Open sourced several aspects of the business that needed to have broader transparency and ease of adoption in order to be recognized as valid products by customer segments.