Start up, manage and grow an international sales and marketing operation for a technology company on a permanent or interim executive basis.
WORLDWIDE TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE with
START-UP, STRATEGY, PLANNING & ACQUISITION INTEGRATION EXPERTISE IN 60 COUNTRIES
2008 - Present
Managing Director, Asia
Open Link Financial, Inc.
- Determined location, established office / staffing and now launching sales for Asia Operation in Singapore for this $200 million leading vendor of enterprise trading and risk management (ETRM) software and services targeted at large financial asset, energy, and commodities trading operations.
2007 - 2008
Consultant to Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Dex Media (Subsidiary of R.H. Donnelley)
- Conceived innovative, data-driven segment analysis which quantified dramatic loss of advertisers in top 500 yellow pages headings. Results revealed fatal business projections that so astounded top management they initiated company-wide review of all sales and marketing practices using nationwide consulting firm in attempt to save and turn around business.
- Designed market test and implementation plan with specialized products targeted toward most crucial segments to reverse significant decline in key advertiser segments by 50%. Was first segmentation approach to encompass print yellow pages and internet products grouped by segment.
2004 - 2007
President and IT Consultant
- Operated, branded, and then sold successful IT outsourcing firm focused on small and medium businesses (SMB).
- Directed start-up business development and cultivated more than 300 new business accounts and new 900 home office/high-end residential accounts in first 24 months. Developed recurring revenue model to scale business and sold 70 Managed Service Agreements, which eliminated seasonal fluctuations.
- Directed service delivery / logistics and on-target contract deliverables across CRM, accounting, Software as Service (SaaS) products and network infrastructure solutions, which expanded scope of IT solutions and target market.
- Built memorable brand (developed into national trademark) to stand out in crowded market. PR efforts yielded full-page profile in Denver Business Journal and 5280 Magazine's 2006 "Editor's Choice" for Computer Repair.
2002 - 2003
President, Media Management Solutions
- For market-leading ERP vendor focused on TV stations, station groups, cable networks, satellite radio and TV networks, used acquisition integration model developed at Sterling Software to restructure $58 million division into product line portfolio. Turned around operation and stemmed client loss by improving client support to prepare company for sale.
- Integrated 5 previous acquisitions to create first-ever product line financials and separate product-line operations, which resulted in profits increasing 18% and profit margin increase from 34% to 42% while development investment was increasing $600,000. Outsourced major software re-development to India.
- Converted operation from product-based to solution-sales consultative model to stem loss of key large clients by: guaranteeing contract deliverables for business transformation with professional project-managed implementations, professional services to improve clients' business operations, high level of tech support and client service.
- Built new executive team by recruiting CFO, VP Services and appointing new head of Sales. Blended them into existing team to develop new, highly effective and cohesive executive team.
2000 - 2001
EVP of Operations
- Managed operating functions at $11 million VC-backed marketing enterprise optimization software vendor. Was analytic, data-driven software solution that enabled marketers to mathematically maximize profit / ROI from each customer interaction, while simultaneously satisfying real-world business constraints.
- Re-focused efforts and personally took charge of increasing revenue through two most important indirect sales partners: Accenture, IBM Global Services. Defined and re-built product marketing and product management functions, which optimized product processes and launch.
1999 - 2000
Chief Operating Officer
- Managed all operations at VC-backed internet content management software and services vendor. Was data-intensive, but user-friendly, XML application. Built company infrastructure to scale business after it was funded to work toward future IPO.
- Improved service delivery and increased client satisfaction by re-focusing professional services and tech support organizations to develop scalable processes, meet on-time deliverables and develop / attain measurable metrics.
1995 - 1997
President, Emerging Markets Division
Responsible for strategic leadership and P&L accountability for $50-million international sales organization spanning 55 countries with staff of 75 in 4 offices world-wide within $1 billion NYSE enterprise software vendor (acquired by CA, Inc in 2000). Member of select corporate post-merger acquisition integration team for 6 software company acquisitions. Led effort to optimize and quantify distribution channels for 60 countries and develop "follow the sun" 24/7 level 2 support for clients around the world.
- Propelled revenue to 47% annual growth. Achieved $9+ million profit and exceeded profit target each quarter. Motivated dispersed sales force to continually exceed revenues: indirect sales network of 55+ independent distributors and direct sales offices in Brazil and Singapore.
- Negotiated agreements with independent distributors from 50+ countries and motivated them to exceed quotas.
- Hand-picked and developed new team of two Sales VPs and new CFO into high performing team. Set divisional record when all three regions exceeded their financial plans.
1988 - 1995
Strategy, Worldwide Product Marketing, Sales Management, Product Management Roles
Increasingly responsible product roles in product strategy, product marketing, service / support delivery and worldwide product management as Sterling Software grew rapidly by acquisition.
- VP, Business Development, International Group, Paris - Led strategic development and market push for $200 million operation, resulting in growth rates exceeding 20%.
- VP, International Marketing, International Group, London - Streamlined interactions between U.S.-based product management with international product marketing and built first-ever international product launch plans by leading team of 7 Product Directors in $170 million group encompassing 60 countries.
- Regional Sales Manager, North Asia, London / Tokyo - Built distributor relationships, worked through Koran distributor to help close largest deal in Region's history ($350K+) and grew revenue more than 100% for $8 million region.
- VP, Business Development, Distributor Division, London - Spearheaded product strategy and launch for $30 million division. Devised innovative go-to-market matrix of 175 products for successful launch in 55 countries.
- Director, Business Planning and Marketing, Reston, VA - Managed product strategy / launch for $20 million distributor channel for spanning 40 countries.
- Product Manager, Reston, VA - Network / Systems Management and VM Systems Software Products.
1981 - 1985
- Account Systems Engineer, National Accounts Division, Los Angeles, CA - Managed software and technical sales issues at large aerospace account.
- Associate Programmer, General Products Division - Engineered high-end hierarchical storage and printer software.