Vice President Finance
Key responsibilities include:
- Budgeting and MIS reporting
- Investor Relations
- Technical Accounting Group
- SOX compliance
- Subsidiaries and Overseas finance
- M&A support
Budgeting and MIS reporting:
- Preparing and managing annual budget and business plan
- Setting budget and reporting guidelines for the unit financial controllers ;
- Ensuring levers in the budgets to overcome any unforeseen market events;
- Setting up an early warning structure to ensure leavers are monitored periodically
- Defining IR strategy, designing quarterly and intra-quarter messaging to investors;
- Participating in Investor meetings, defending company position;
- Understanding pulse of investor and conveying investor concerns to the management as well suggesting possible action plan to address the same;
- Protecting the company against shareholder activism..
Funds under management – US$ 5 Bn investment, US$ 1+ Bn of hedging..
- Discussing and defining treasury policy with treasurer and presenting the same to board annually.. Suggesting changes to policy in the best interest of the company;
- Working capital and Cash – flow management;
- Ensuring that the company is adequately safeguarded against possible frauds, is in compliance with all the regulations (RBI/SEZ/STPI) etc..
- Managing relationships with banks.
Technical Accounting group:
- Reporting within the aggressive timelines with seamless audits and without qualifications
- Ensuring best in class financial reports
Sox (Sarbanes Oxley’s Act) Compliance:
- Ensuring that the systems and processes are adequate to address all the risks to avoid financial reporting misstatements and enabling the CEO/CFO to sign-off the financial statements
Subsidiaries and Overseas finance:
- Overseeing all the subsidiaries, compliance and other requirements
- Managing the overseas facilities
- Finance diligence and post-acquisition integration support