Utilize my unique combination of clinical empathy and experience, IT leadership, and business acumen to improve healthcare operations and delivery through technology adoption and process improvement. Experience includes more than twelve years leadership of large-scale technology and business process alignment projects for government and private sector organizations, and more than three years cumulative clinical training and practical experience as a clinical/field medic (US Army) and as a civilian paramedic. Adept in integrating patient and clinician perspectives while partnering with project stakeholders in efforts to realize strategic IT plans that support short- and long-term operational goals. In addition to managing various integration projects, worked on several contract pursuits producing approximately $20 million in professional services revenue and “add-on” sales over the past 8 years. Have worked with a variety of account management and CRM methods, as well as popular project management methodologies.
Sep 2008 - Present
Guardian College and Treasure Valley Hospitals
Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Training
Attended intensive training academy for emergency medical technician (EMT) certification in order to better prepare myself to understand the clinician and healthcare worker’s perspective. Identified key value propositions and integrated this understanding with my skills as a leader in the technology/business process alignment integration field.
- Completed 600 hours of classroom curriculum, 250 hours online self-study, and additional 510 hours working in the field and/or a clinical environment for an EMT-Paramedic Certification.
- Completed both clinical and field work with Ada County Paramedics, St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center (ED, L&D, Resp, and PICU), Mercy Medical Center (ED), West Valley Medical Center (ED, SDS, and CCU), Liberty Dialysis Center.
- Completed self-study classes in Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, and ECG Interpretation.
- Completed coursework in clinical coordination, management of medical emergencies, gynecology/obstetrics, trauma management, ambulance operations, as well as specialized mass casualty and disaster operations.
- Completed 135 hours of classroom curriculum and 15 hours working in a clinical environment for EMT-Basic Certification.
- National certifications include Basic and Advanced Life Support for Healthcare Professionals, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support.
Aug 2006 - Apr 2009
Managed the enterprise architecture program for the Consumer Support, and Content Management & Publishing (CS&CMP) group within Hewlett Packard’s Imaging and Printing Group (IPG). Built and sustained working relationships with key members of the HP architecture community using leadership skills and informal influence to guide the evolution of the CS&CMP architecture within the broader IPG architecture goals.
- Integrated and rationalized annual IT/business plans with existing asset and project portfolios, giving attention to existing business capabilities, budgets, and priorities.
- Collaborated with project management offices, project managers and domain architects around the world in an effort to consolidate 155 IT assets to 45, while migrating these assets from 93 data centers to 3 global data center locations.
- Participated with other architects, project management offices, and functional business leaders to come to agreement on how to best use existing IT budgets, weigh deficit remediation priorities, and execute on large projects in the CS&CMP space.
2004 - 2006
Managed the delivery of enterprise architecture professional services for a medium sized systems integration firm. Cultivated strong client relationships while assisting with solution design and requirements gathering.
- Rationalized IT application portfolio, consolidated/reduced data redundancies, and evaluated existing assets for continued business value; validated supporting infrastructure, data flows, and application portfolio alignment in support of core business processes/functions by designing a “process and supporting systems” architectural modeling initiative for a client’s corporate IT services group.
- Contributed to client risk mitigation efforts as well as M&A due diligence activities, through enterprise architecture modeling, resulting in immeasurable financial impact/liability avoidance for the Met Life-Traveler’s merger.
- Contributed to a $1 million increase in professional services revenue through business development and engagement management activities over a 12-month period.
2002 - 2004
Managed delivery of technology and business process improvement projects for government healthcare program administrators, participants, and constituents. Improved participant/constituent satisfaction and retention by working with administrators to jointly analyze service delivery performance issues and propose best practice solutions.
- Worked with physicians, nurses, and healthcare policy administrators to implement a 25 seat, $5 million/year call center and customer support operation for a government health policy organization; which resulted in less frequent travel requirements, reduced operating costs, increased customer satisfaction, a boost in the number of clinical placements, and a decrease in the overall default rate on scholarship obligations.
- Designed a distributed architecture application to take advantage of the collaborative nature of an existing workflow, which resulted in increased productivity and reduced operational costs.
- Contributed to a $15 million increase in professional services revenue through business development and project management activities over an 18-month period.
2001 - 2002
Senior Management Consultant
Directly managed client relationships, developed project plans, and drove business development efforts for telecommunications professional service delivery.
- Orchestrated all aspects of the delivery of an $800,000 content management system featuring an automated workflow engine that facilitated content submissions/approvals and daily web content publishing from multiple countries and in multiple languages, improving flexibility, communications, and collaboration for the client while saving significant publishing and communications costs annually.
- Contributed to a $15 million increase in professional services revenue through business development and engagement management activities over a 12-month period.
1999 - 2001
Performed data center design, architecture planning, and other CIO duties for 2 publicly held e-businesses (incubation phase) providing a secure, fault tolerant marketplace in which to promote, buy, and sell filmed entertainment rights.
- Reduced sales transaction cycle times from three months to seven days through process analysis, optimization, and solution design, which enabled the bundling of media products by sales/distribution channel and according to demographic market segment.
1996 - 1999
Senior Consultant, ERP Advisory Services
- Directed creation of data conversion work plans, required business process modification initiatives and change management planning.
- Managed data conversion technical team and reported directly to the systems integration project manager.
- Conducted technical/functional analysis of descriptive data during the design phase, of a major fashion retailer’s Oracle 7.x RDBMS-based retail merchandising management system (RETEK).
- Served as a liaison between technical and functional team leaders to define, document, and validate design specifications, program flow diagrams, and conversion quality assurance for the Oracle 7.x RDBMS and Oracle 10.x Apps suite.
Oct 1985 - Mar 1992
2nd Lieutenant, Military Intelligence
Idaho Army National Guard
Bachelor of Arts
2005 - Present
Sep 1994 - Jul 1996
Summer Program Internships,
American Chamber of Commerce, Beijing, PRC
General Motors Corp., Asia, Beijing, PRC