Guardian College and Treasure Valley Hospitals
Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Training
Attended intensive training academy for emergency medical technician (EMT) certification in order to better prepare myself to understand the clinician and healthcare worker’s perspective. Identified key value propositions and integrated this understanding with my skills as a leader in the technology/business process alignment integration field.
- Completed 600 hours of classroom curriculum, 250 hours online self-study, and additional 510 hours working in the field and/or a clinical environment for an EMT-Paramedic Certification.
- Completed both clinical and field work with Ada County Paramedics, St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center (ED, L&D, Resp, and PICU), Mercy Medical Center (ED), West Valley Medical Center (ED, SDS, and CCU), Liberty Dialysis Center.
- Completed self-study classes in Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, and ECG Interpretation.
- Completed coursework in clinical coordination, management of medical emergencies, gynecology/obstetrics, trauma management, ambulance operations, as well as specialized mass casualty and disaster operations.
- Completed 135 hours of classroom curriculum and 15 hours working in a clinical environment for EMT-Basic Certification.
- National certifications include Basic and Advanced Life Support for Healthcare Professionals, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support.