Tata Consultancy Services
Working in a US financial project as a Unix, Linux and AWS Cloud operations Engineer.
AWS Operations includes
- Responsible for implementing and supporting the cloud based infrastructure and its solutions
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Autoscaling, EBS, RDS, IAM, cloud formation, Route 53, CloudWatch, cloudFront, Cloud Trail.
- Experience in creating multiple VPC's and Public and Private subnets as per the requirement and distribute them as groups into various AZ's of the VPC
- Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts
- Used security groups, network ACL's internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud
- Created and configured elastic load balancers and auto scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have a cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment
- Configured S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archieve the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement
- Possess good knowledge in creating and launching EC2 instances using AMIs of Linux, Ubuntu and wrote basic bootstrap codes
- Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups and also implemented MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.
- Maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using cloud watch service.
- Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use with EC2 instances whenever they are mounted on them.
- Created Snapshots to take backups of the volumes and also images to store launch configuration of the EC2 instances.
- Good knowledge on writing cloud formation templates in JSON to create custom VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications.
- Implemented domain name service DNS through route 53 to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Profound knowledge on server and DB migration services like AWS application discovery service, AWS server migration service, AWS database migration service.
- Good knowledge on Data Transfer services like S3 transfer acceleration, AWS Direct connect, Amazon Kinesis firehose, AWS Storage and file gateway.
AIX Operations includes
- Monitoring CPU Alerts from the operations team and making sure it is below the set threshold value and follow up with the team who are using most of it.
- Likewise checking swap alerts and rebooting the server in cases of swap full issues after getting approval from the right teams
- Worked on file system alerts and extending the file systems wherever required.
- SAN Storage Requests, troubleshooting LUN issues on server
- Maintaining LVM, File system creation and extensions.
- User management requests like ID unlock, ID deletion, providing sudo, kerberizing IDs for Hadoop server authentications
- Performing Server migrations on quarterly basis in the maintenance window from versions 6.1 to 7.1
- On monthly maintenance window, worked on patching servers to the new TL available
- Done server decommissions which were either migrated to other environment or became unsupported
- Updated the VIO servers on half yearly basis to make sure we are using the updated version.
- Performed DLPAR operations for memory and CPU upgrades as requested by the Application team depending upon their requirement.
- Handled several multiple calls for Hardware replacement calls like, disk replacements, fan replacements and co-ordinated with the on site field engineer in order to replace the part.
- Worked on Live partition mobility LPM operations while moving the existing frame on power 7 to power 8 hardware
- Worked on ASM storage requests and provided the ASM storage to the oracle team.
- Migrated existing lpar to the new VIO server from VSCSI to NPIV.
Linux Operations includes:
- Provided second and third-level technical support in a mixed Windows 2k and Linux environment.
- Monitored the CPU, SWAP and file system alerts and resolved any inconsistencies occurred.
- User and group management by modifying their properties or removing them when got any request.
- Configuring the storage received form SAN team and creating Data stores and hard disks and scanning them from server level to process any space requirement.
- Using NASMAN tool, exporting NAS shares to the servers via the C backup interface and mounting the share on to the server.
- Backup and restore using tar and scp
- Changing Kernel parameters as per the user requirement.
- Developed Unix shell scripts for regular and periodic jobs and also for system admin jobs
- Wrote basic Ansible scripts to automate regular admin tasks.
- Troubleshooting kernel related issues and server performance issues
- Kernel patching
- Adding route entries for server access from different zones
- NFS Configuration
- Taking snapshots in the environment
- Managing Package installation/upgradation using Yum or RPM
- Raising SAN storage request for ASM lun assignment for oracle DB team.
- Managed, monitored and tested individual and group user access privileges and security. User ID cloning, APP and DB Connectivity issues, Sudo permission requests.
- Vmware tools upgrade after server patching activity happens.
- Worked with the UCS team on both physical as well as virtual server patching.
- Resolved vCenter alarm tickets which are triggered for the swap memory issues in the pool.
- Profound knowledge on iptables.
- Working with Redhat vendor for troubleshooting the P1 related issues.
VMWare Operations for Linux includes
- Storage VMotion for replicated and Non-replicated data stores
- Creating memory resource pools for dedicated servers
- Creating new data stores from cluster end
- Adding disks, nicks from VCenter
- CPU and Memory upgrades
- Patching servers using Live up-gradation method
- Disk replacement
- LUN addition
- Server Decomissioning
- Alert clearing.