Training & Exercise Coordinator; Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department
- Responsible for coordination of lectures and public health preparedness related trainings to ensure preparedness of local and regional public health workforce, including healthcare professionals, hospital staff and first responder communities.
- Ensures agency compliance with National Incident Management System (NIMS)/ Incident Command System (ICS) requirements.
- Assists in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of exercises as they pertain to emergency preparedness activities and local planning partnerships. Examples include 2010 World Equestrian Games and 2011 National Level Exercise.
- Collaborates with and supports the activities of the regional epidemiologists, planners, and other regional trainers to facilitate the ongoing emergency planning activities.
- Serves as coordinator for Lexington-Fayette County Medical Reserve Corps.
- Implement and evaluate the public health preparedness curriculum in designated areas.
- Collaborates with and supports the activities of the regional epidemiologists, planners, and other regional trainers to facilitate the ongoing emergency planning activities
- Collaborates closely with regional Healthcare Emergency Planning Coalition leadership to support emergency planning and exercise objects.
- Maintains and supports several information management systems such as Health Alert Network, WebEOC, KHELPS.