Co-founder and Developer
League Lab is a SaaS product that handles all facets of running recreational adult sports leagues. The software provides a public-facing website for league promotion, registration and payment, as well as extensive administrative tools. Client organization employees spend much of their work days in the application.
Responsible for all of the high-level technology decisions and architecture, as well as all back-end development and the majority of front-end development. Also handled technical operations and many other small-business necessities like customer service and bookkeeping. Other co-founers are a domain expert and a designer / product manager with some front-end web skills.
- Worked closely with customers and potential customers to understand their needs and build suitable solutions
- Scaled the business and application from nothing to thousands of team registrations and tens of thousands of active users per month
- Migrated from a "golden everything" co-located server to a cloud architecture with redundancy, monitoring, easy scaling, and push-button deployment
- Linux, Puppet, Nginx, Git, Vagrant
- AWS: Route53, ELB, VPC, Auto-scaling, RDS, DynamoDb, Elasticache, Cloudwatch, S3