Senior Marketing Communications Specialist EMEA
Jun 2010 - Present
Honeywell Environmental & Energy Solutions
Brands Managed: Honeywell, MK Electric, Ex-Or, Friedland
Feb 2007 - Aug 2007
Publicis, The Alchemy Partnership, Crush Advertising, Singapore
Clients – Citibank, NETS, Sentosa Cove, Baiduri Bank, Tiger Balm, Kao, Ricoh
- Brand Management – Worked closely with Account Management and Clients to consistently implement the new global brand identity for Citibank across all retail banking products.
- Project Management – Coordinated creative and production team duties in absence of Creative Directors.
- Strategic Planning – Helped Account Management to advise Citibank clients on the market positioning for multiple credit cards with similar USPs and target market segments.
- Business Development – Worked on a pitch for a Tiger Balm product variant; the challenge was to launch the variant without cannibalising existing market share of existing Tiger Balm products.
Jun 2006 - Jan 2007
Clients – Peugeot, eBay, InterContinental Hotels Group, MediaCorp Radio, DBS Vickers Securities
- Media Planning – Successfully counter-advised InterContinental Hotels Group regarding media placements recommended by media agencies; created a 12-week campaign that ran in business publications across Asia.
- Promotion Strategy – Worked with Peugeot client to devise new weekly promotions designed to drive sales, and executed within compressed timelines.
- Digital Advertising – Created a digital viral campaign and microsite for eBay Singapore, which resulted in copy-cat campaigns by eBay offices in other markets; conceptualised and wrote DM release to the media.
Nov 2004 - May 2006
Clients – BMW, adidas, Nivea, MobileOne, Martell, Standard Chartered Bank, Salem, Apple, Samsonite
- Strategically creative campaign for MobileOne won a Finalist in the 2005 Singapore Effectiveness Awards; helped BMW overtake Mercedes-Benz as the top-selling car marque for the first time in 2006.
- Close collaboration with Dubai office to develop initial strategy for the launch of Standard Chartered Bank’s Manhattan Card in the UAE; developed key concepts for the campaign from the strategy.
- Business Development – Worked with CEO on a new business pitch for Anytimeondemand.com.
- Research – Conducted market visits with Martell clients and agency management to generate new consumer insights, from which a re-branding strategy was ultimately developed.
- Planning – Assisted in conducting a Disruption Day for Nivea; helped clients focus on the necessary strategy to achieve breakthrough communication for the skincare sector.
- Vendor Management – Extensive liaison with production houses, photography agencies and printers.
- Event conceptualisation and Management – Launched the 35th Anniversary of the AdiStar to the media; the launch party featured 34 shoe designs exhibited in 6 lifestyle-themed suites in boutique hotel.
Aug 2004 - Nov 2004
Young & Rubicam Brands, Publicis, M&C Saatchi, Singapore
Clients: Citibank, British Airways, Qantas, Jaguar, Casio, Yellow Pages, HP, Renault
- Extensive research and analysis into Australia's tourist destinations; consequently developed the Best of Australia ATL/BTL campaign to a tight timeline.
May 2003 - Nov 2003
Clients – Singapore Repertory Theatre, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Tiger Beer, Schroders, MINI, Zuji
- Account Management – Independently managed the integrated marketing campaign for Singapore Repertory Theatre’s Forbidden City. Daily liaison with clients to develop about 100 deliverables of the campaign within 3 months; close coordination work with vendors, event management and media agencies. Earned Saatchi the prestigious National Arts Council Friend of the Arts Award.
- Brand Management – Developed new corporate identity for Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts; took on regional Brand Guardian responsibilities for campaigns produced in the China
- VOC Research – Helped to conduct innovative focus groups in bars for Tiger Beer to gain fresh and accurate consumer insights.