Senior Vice President, Operations
Surgical Care Affiliates, Birmingham, AL
Surgical Care Affiliates is one of the nation’s largest providers of specialty surgical services working with more than 3,000 physician partners to operate 140 surgery centers and surgical hospitals across the country.
Senior Vice President, Operations Support, 2007-Present
Recruited to manage operational support services which include Supply Chain ($350M), Construction & Real Estate Services, Medical Records and Travel.
- Created and aligned the services, programs, activities, policies and procedures to the organization’s Vision, Mission and Values, as well as its strategic objectives. Ensure that they are aligned and do not conflict or cause a loss in efficiency, productivity or cost-effectiveness for the clinical programs.
- Developed supply chain strategy, to include supplier/medical staff value programs to include customer service, account management support, cost reduction and process improvements. $8M in savings realized in first 6 months.
- Pioneered strategic development and tactical launch of a Supply Chain information system, which included expense metrics, real time supplier market share reports and product, buy right reports to ensure savings were tracked and realized by facilities.
- Review and identify new clinical service line opportunities by analyzing procedural costs versus reimbursements to determine new sources of revenue for SCA.
- Oversees management of Real Estate and Construction projects from initial design to final development.