Senior Healthcare Executive with 20+ years of hands-on experience in operations, cost reduction, services delivery and information technology. I have positioned organizations to support significant growth through cost reduction efforts and establishing new lines of revenue, turned around floundering and problematic divisions as well as built new service lines from scratch.My proven ability to develop sound strategies, improve operations, services and lead teams, have helped companies exceed their results and deliver value to customers and investors. My objective is to obtain a senior executive position where I can utilize my leadership skills to develop new and innovative programs and exceed results.
Jul 2007 - Jan 2009
Senior Vice President, Operations
Surgical Care Affiliates, Birmingham, AL
Surgical Care Affiliates is one of the nation’s largest providers of specialty surgical services working with more than 3,000 physician partners to operate 140 surgery centers and surgical hospitals across the country.
Senior Vice President, Operations Support, 2007-Present
Recruited to manage operational support services which include Supply Chain ($350M), Construction & Real Estate Services, Medical Records and Travel.
- Created and aligned the services, programs, activities, policies and procedures to the organization’s Vision, Mission and Values, as well as its strategic objectives. Ensure that they are aligned and do not conflict or cause a loss in efficiency, productivity or cost-effectiveness for the clinical programs.
- Developed supply chain strategy, to include supplier/medical staff value programs to include customer service, account management support, cost reduction and process improvements. $8M in savings realized in first 6 months.
- Pioneered strategic development and tactical launch of a Supply Chain information system, which included expense metrics, real time supplier market share reports and product, buy right reports to ensure savings were tracked and realized by facilities.
- Review and identify new clinical service line opportunities by analyzing procedural costs versus reimbursements to determine new sources of revenue for SCA.
- Oversees management of Real Estate and Construction projects from initial design to final development.
Jan 2006 - Jun 2007
Senior Vice President Supply Chain
HealthSouth Corporation is a leading provider of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging, and outpatient surgery, with approximately 1100 locations throughout the country.
Recruited to create the overall supply chain strategy, organization, operating processes, compliance systems and disciplines to deliver best practice sourcing, procurement and overall supply chain services across business units.
- Leadership for $1billion in procurement
- Developed and implemented sourcing strategy that supported the goals of the HealthSouth business units, including supplier consolidation, product standardization, cost reduction and process improvements. $12M in savings realized in first 7 months.
- Developed a supply chain service model, utilizing field operations, technology and metrics which drove product consolidation and market share. (Moved a pharmaceutical product market share from 52% to 87% in 30 days resulting in $1.2M in savings)
Jan 2000 - Dec 2005
Vice President of Supply Chain
Neoforma is the leading provider of supply chain management solutions for the healthcare industry.
Recruited to identify and enhance supply chain solutions for hospitals, suppliers and GPO’s.
- Formulate and execute account management/sales model for products/services, driving adoption and implementation of new solutions to sustain/identify existing $81M in revenue.
- Built strategic relationships with hospitals, vendors and Group Purchasing Organizations to increase the number of sales channels and subsequent revenue and savings opportunities.
- Responsible for implementing a software service model with existing customers, conducting supply chain assessments & best practice opportunities while positioning revenue related services. Resulted in an increase of $1.3M in revenue within 7 months. achieved 120% of FY2005 revenue goal.
- Developed and designed new supply chain products and services that resulted in $103 million of savings for hospitals. (Goal=$59M). Achieved 175% of targeted goal.
- Subject Matter Expert interfaced with Business and Product Development teams to identify, evaluate, design and develop new products and services and enhance existing solutions, enhance revenue and promote the company's business value.
- Received Presidents Award in 2003 and Chairman’s award in 2004. These awards were presented to the one individual recognized as the most valuable contributor to the company.
Jan 1995 - Dec 2000
Materials Manager, Acute & Network Services
Partners HealthCare, based in Boston, Massachusetts, is a $2.5 billion integrated health care delivery system founded by Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham & Women’s Hospital.
*Partners in Excellence Award 1996, 1997, 1998 & 1999.
- Managed 15 operational areas encompassing 400 employees across Partners Healthcare System. Departments included Affiliate Markets, Corporate Contracts, External Transportation, Linen, Mail Room, Patient & Equipment Transport - MGH, Purchasing, and Receiving & Distribution & Supply Support – Stockless Program, and Tele-services & Video-conferencing - BWH.
- Managed and negotiated a $400 million portfolio of supplies and services, resulting in $30 million in savings.
- Improved supplier service levels from 90%-98%.
- Created a Quality Assurance Program, which reduced inbound calls to materials staff by 34%.
- Utilized available technologies to reduce the loss of linen by 50% ($200,000 expense reduction per year).
- Developed and implemented a furniture standards program, which delivered $2 million in savings and 25% reduction of total expense.
Materials Manager, Affiliate Markets, 1995-1998
- Developed and implemented a nationally recognized alternate site supply chain program by incorporating the use of the internet to strengthen compliance for vendor’s products & services (90% compliance for program).
- Managed a team of 8 individuals, created marketing, sales and internet solutions.
- Negotiated supplier contracts achieving $4 million in savings and 40% overall savings.
- Improved supplier service levels from 92% to 98% by monitoring vendor performance, product, and program compliance.