Clinical Operations Coordinator
I am responsible for all clinical initiatives that are associated with Retail Pharmacy Operations. These clinical initiatives range from tracking and implementing plans to intervening in patients' therapy in order to increase compliance on medications. I've developed strategies to reach clinical benchmarks resulting in financial remuneration and significant patient health improvements. Over the last few years, I have been responsible for managing multiple projects to further meet Retail Operations goals. I have developed and implemented Medication Synchronization that now serves over 6,000 patients on a monthly basis effectively synchronizing over 30,000 medications. Through managing these projects, I have been responsible for the initial problem solving to the roll out of entire department structures. From problem to solution, I have developed policy and procedures, logistical projections, and cost assessments including ROI analysis. While developing programs, I have had to create strategic relationships that further the goals of the department and manage personnel through difficult transitions and changes within the company structures and goals. For the better part of 3 years, I managed OTC stocking and ordering for the entire chain of 13 stores. Each store moved to a place of greater profitability based on strategic moves made in product categories that better fit the demographic of the pharmacy clients. In order to stay better connected with pharmacy culture and grow my knowledge of pharmacy, I pursued my Pharmacy Technician license and have completed schooling and await board approval for my CPHT license.
- Employee of the year in 2012 along with distinguished award for Values in Practice across all healthcare divisions.
- Developed multiple clinical programs that delivered patient-centered medication reviews and drove pharmacy performance.
- Developed automated processes that allowed for growth opportunities in the retail division such as refill reminder calls and medication synchronization.
- Collaborated with pharmacy operations team to open 5 pharmacies.
- Worked with local employers to develop employer flu shot clinics at their work site generating untapped revenue.
- Started and maintained Quality Improvement Programs with insurance companies that generated new revenue streams.