Cooking Matters AmeriCorps Member
- Coordinated 3-4 cooking and nutrition classes weekly for low income populations in both English and
Spanish across King County, WA.
- Coordinated, trained and supported three volunteers per class. Substituted as the nutrition or chef volunteer as needed.
- Solely developed and executed nutrition training for volunteer nutrition team to improve teaching and knowledge base.
- Spearheaded Shopping Matters with a community partner to serve the local Latino community.
- Orchestrated cooking demos at local food banks and farmer’s markets to teach clients about unfamiliar foods.
- Created and delivered a training on Food Insecurity in WA state for Notre Dame Mission Volunteer AmeriCorps group.
- Successfully expanded Cooking Matters through satellite programming at WA State Indian Reservations.
- Organized a volunteer appreciation party with a local Ethiopian chef for 20+ Cooking Matters volunteers.
- Wrote weekly blog posts on nutrition and Cooking Matters events.
- Collaborated with project members to make nutrition activities more culturally and nutritionally relevant.
- Organized and placed orders to gather supplies from key donors.
- Administered and collected course evaluations and surveys to report on program’s effectiveness.
- Worked with a diverse client base of different ages, races, socioeconomic backgrounds and mental/ physical ability.