Global Team Manager - CLS Project Management
Covance (Asia) Pte Ltd
Resource and People Management
Responsible for the day-to-day activities and guidance of team members ensuring high-quality project deliverables. Setting targets, implementing guidelines, and resolving operational issues the employees may have. Recruitment, Interviewing, hiring, training, development, and assimilation of staff to meet the business forecast. Ensuring the development of a competent workforce to meet growth plans. Ensuring the seamless integration of project team services. Ensuring appropriate resource allocation to projects and managing the workload balance. Fostering a cohesive, creative, and comfortable working environment, mediating any interpersonal issues within the team. Providing leadership and direction where necessary. Developing team strategies, working with remote teams, implementing team goals or objectives, supervising and training team members.
Currently handling a team of 13 direct reports including Portfolio Managers, Senior Project Managers, Project Coordinators, and Client Coordinator Specialist
Client Portfolio Management
Monitor, track, manage and ensure resolution of all client complaints, issues, and concerns; Ensure all service failures are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner; Accountable for effective management of certain key clients assigned to my portfolio. Key point of contact for client escalations and issue resolution comprising understanding of the client needs, working styles, and adapting organizational methods to suit client requirements. Extensive experience working with Japanese clientele
Performance and Compensation Management
Providing Objective feedback in conjunction with 360 degree feedback to accommodate the "Bell Curve" performance assessment style for PMDs; coordinate and monitor progress to ensure achievement of Project Management goals; Complete, thorough, timely, and well documented performance evaluations and interim progress reviews; Establish and monitor performance objectives for direct reports and take corrective action when appropriate; ensure appropriate succession planning for each role within the department; Handling compensation management to accommodate promotions and annual hikes.
- Leading the APAC resource and workload meetings
- APAC PM rep for headcount updates, new hire onboarding and recruitment
- Interdepartmental collaboration initiatives (Laboratory)
- Leading the Employee Engagement initiative for APAC and Global project management
- Process improvements: Updates to Japanese lab manual/writing effective CAPA letters/Training on Information disclosures
- Leading the APAC Client Coordinator team across China, Japan and Singapore
- APAC Management representative for 2 strategic client accounts
- APAC Council Lead – pan Covance diversity committee.
- Development of performance management trackers and templates
- APAC Quarterly newsletter development “CoVoice”
- APAC Lead for biannual Ratings and Rankings
- APAC representative for Global employee talent assessments