Member - Project Management Institute (PMI)Member - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)Member - National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives (NAPRx®)
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MARYLAND, Accountant / Auditor - Rockville, MD(1998-1999)
AUDIT BUREAU OF CIRCULATIONS, Field Auditor - Schaumburg, IL(1995-1998)
Motivated and forward-thinking business professional pursuing an opportunity to leverage information technology and healthcare industry experience in a sales capacity. Possess an unwavering commitment to excellence and the ability to learn new concepts quickly. Utilize strong research and analytical skills to identify and implement effective solutions. Focus on delivering exceptional customer service through conducting needs assessments. Regarded for the ability to drive processes and motivate teams. Outstanding interpersonal communication and listening skills. Demonstrate flexibility in working in a team or as an individual contributor. Self-starter with a strong desire to exceed goals.
2005 - 2010
Manager, Quality Assurance (QA)
Managed eight staff in providing functional and automation testing to improve software quality. Managed QA for all internal applications, including PeopleSoft.NET, and internal SharePoint sites. Conducted quality assurance training for developers, end users, database administrators, and other project members. Coordinated application development, quality assurance, and deployment activities. Supervised the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and programs. Managed departmental budget; handled workforce planning and facilitated staff development initiatives.
- Developed corporate-wide QA job descriptions for organization and initiated meetings with other QA managers and human resource staff to arrive at consensus for job descriptions.
- Implemented HP business process testing methodologies in support of regression testing for PeopleSoft upgrades, resulting in time savings for baseline release testing, updates and fixes, and upgrades.
- Improved software quality, increased testing coverage, and reduced manual testing time for the PeopleSoft FSCM 9.0 system from six weeks with three FTEs to two weeks with one FTE.
- Served as project manager on the PeopleSoft CRM 9.0 upgrade, including gathering functional requirements from end users and launching of proof-of-concept pilots. System was deployed ahead of schedule with no identifiable issues.
- Gathered requirements and project managed the PeopleSoft Financial Supply Chain Management 9.0 upgrade. Launched ahead of schedule with no major deployment issues.
- Developed quality assurance procedures and guidelines in support of emergency fixes, SQL upgrades, .NET conversions, and system enhancements.
2003 - 2005
Clinic Analyst (2004-2005)
Facilitated the integration and functional testing for the physicians' clinic organization (PCO) Phase I project and managed the integration and functional testing of PCO Phase II. Analyzed needs to address business concerns related to PCO implementation.
- Supervised the launch of the RX assist application, which provided free medications to people who could not afford to buy medication.
- Managed a $10 million project budget for the electronic health record, including the development of financial and cost analysis proposals. Initiated the planning and development of the PCO to MISYS order interface and the PCO to IDX billing interface.
Information Systems, Business Office Supervisor (2003-2004)
Managed the $28 million+ information systems operation and capital budget, and facilitated the annual budget development process. Oversaw the operations of the IS business office and directed all processes associated with hardware and software management, including inventory maintenance, software license validation, and software database maintenance. Negotiated renewals for IS contracts.
- Collaborated with vendors to improve the accounts payable process, achieving an invoice approval goal of five business days. Scheduled meetings with management to obtain payment approvals; successfully improved relationships with health system vendors.
- Successfully managed fiscal year 2004 expenses within +0.4% of budget, with a goal of +-1%.
2001 - 2003
Accountant, Regional Services Department
Prepared monthly financial statements for 55 clinics and 150 physicians; created and maintained databases to provide financial analysis and budgetary information. Resolved compensation and reimbursement issues in collaboration with physicians.
- Negotiated a $2,800 annual fee reduction with a credit card processing company.
- Oversaw a 20-bank account merger into a consolidated account. Worked with bank personnel to establish a consolidated checking account for all Cox Health clinics and ensured transactions were properly monitored and audited.
1999 - 2001
Financial Aid Coordinator
Transformed the financial aid office from manual operation to a fully automated environment. Obtained donations for equipment and printing of financial aid booklets from local banks and servicing agencies, reducing costs by $5,000. Recipient, 'The PARTNERS Spirit Recognition' award for outstanding service.