Senior Business Analyst
AIG Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Name of the Project : Travel Back Office system 2
From Oct’15 to Present
Act as a Business Analyst for Asia Pacific – familiar with the business requirements and business solutions (both functional & non-functional).
- Work very closely with the local team from 4 countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong).
- Support the Product Revamp & updates exercise (a program dependency) and work very closely with the regional Underwriting team.
- Support the IT team, change management team and the local teams on requirements, clarifications, testing, and training.
- Support the program manager in providing concrete information and/or action plans for decision steering.
- Manage and maintain the schedule, resource plan and budget within own work stream.
- UAT lead in planning & executing the UAT plan.
- Assist to prepare the test scenarios & assist country users to prepare test cases.
Name of the Project : Commercial Lines Administrative staff Migration.
From Jul’14 to Sept’15
- Worked with AIG Shared Serviced Project team in executing the project plan and work schedule including highlighting issues, conflicts and interdependencies.
- Assist in the collation of the requirements of the work to be migrated.
- Be the Person of Contact for any clarification/Escalation in Singapore.
- Track the benefits of the project and present it to the Sponsor before and after the project.
- Reviewed the process flow and training document, provide advises and guidance to users.
- Arranged travel arrangement for Subject Matter Expert to train shared service staff in overseas.
- Engaged Head of Department in various stage of the project phase and obtained sign-off.
Name of the Project : Global Document Management Solution (GDMS)
From Mar’13 to Jun’14
- Successfully implement the GDMS in Singapore on time and budget.
- Manage the highest number of end users of about 200+ as compared to other Asia Pacific countries.
- Identify the gaps and work with external Consultants to deliver and present the new solution to Consumer and Claims user.
- Appointed as an interim Process Owner for 3 months after the system went live to resolve the major bugs and fixes of GDMS.
- Participated in the Change Management process and workflow review with internal stakeholder in Singapore.
- Work well with the project team members and effort was recognised by Company, was awarded a token of appreciation at the end of the project.
Customer Service Group
From Jan'11 to Feb'13
- Manage about 12 staff to process Group & Individual Personal Accident policy and Commercial policy.
- Monitor KPI for processing and improvise on existing processes to save cost/time and reduce error rate.
- Conduct random quality assurance checks on policy issuance to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Participated in the project to convert data from existing system to new system for Small and Medium Enterprise department (Commercial Line of Business). Managed a team of 4 staff to key data manually for 16 months with an average of 1400 records per month.
From Jan'09 to Mar'11
- Participated in the project of migration of processing activities to Malaysia Shared services for Consumer Lines products.
- Promoted from Assistant Manager to Deputy Manager in Jan 2012.
- Participated in the project of conversion of incoming documents to paperless solution for consumer line (Home, Auto, Individual Personal Accident and Travel).
- Trained a newly setup mailroom and scanning team to identify the different types of documents. Prepared Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) for various stakeholders such as accounts dept, profit centre to understand and manage the changes.
Period : Jun'03 to Dec'08
Consumer Line products - Direct/Worksite Marketing and Fast Track (Creation of Auto Claims), Non-auto product insurance, Auto and Travel Insurance
- Handle write in complaints and occasional walk-in customers.
- Ensure that the Processing Turnaround time and Quality for all the business line was met.
- Participated in projects on system change for Home Insurance and GEM (Customer Interactive System).
- Coach and trained new staff to learn the applications to process insurance documents.
- Distributed daily work to staff and tracked processing KPI.
- Handle write in complaints for Non-auto, Travel, Direct Marketing/Worksite Marketing products.
- Sole contact person for HDB fire insurance, act as a liaison between HDB and AIG. Compile monthly billing report, handle all enquiries, oversee the staff at HDB counter that issued HDB basic fire and Home Contents Insurance/ .