Industrial Engineer at North Shore-LIJ Health System’s largest nationally ranked hospital, with 812 beds and a staff of approximately 6,500 healthcare providers. Partnered with key management teams, clinical departments, and operational services in designing and executing fact based solutions and project work plans.
- Process redesign and throughput initiatives focused Patient Experience/Satisfaction; Peri-Operative Services (OR scheduling and utilization, supply chain management, and central sterile processing), and OR Queuing Theory simulation modeling; Food Service and Nutrition; Employee Wellness; Engineering design and development; Environmental Services; Patient Transport; Nursing Education; Patient and Family Relations; Hospital operations administration and strategy; Marketing and Education; Employee Engagement; Radiology administration; Cardiac continuum; Hospital pharmacy; VivoHealth retail pharmacy; Sunrise clinical systems CPOE and nursing eMAR documentation.
- Accelerated focus on patient experience enabling the hospital to achieve breakthrough results in Press Ganey rankings from 3rd to the 19th for “Overall Rankings”, and from 24th to 59th in “Likelihood to Recommend” percentiles respectively since June, 2011.
- Introduced a multi-media based project reporting, employee recognition, management development and training initiatives, increasing employee engagement and morale as evidenced by Press Ganey and Employee Input Survey results.
- Transformed the Food Service and Nutrition teams through a full-scale re-development action plan for retail food service, hybrid patient meal service through PODS/Room Service/Tray Line, culinary staff development and community service. Implemented a green choice for healthier food options meeting health system wellness initiative goals ahead of schedule.
- Ongoing OR Scheduling Smoothing and Queuing Theory project identified operational inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement. Enabled the hospital to deploy an integrative approach linking patient access and flow, OR scheduling and block time management, ALOS reduction initiatives, testing and ancillary services availability, and ED utilization to create additional capacity and configure the proper hospital bed mix.
- Deployed to other health system sites, such as Forest Hills Hospital OR, Glen Cove Hospital Administration best practices sharing, Vascular Surgery at 1999 Marcus Ave, and the Talent Acquisition, PAANS Recruiting, and Credentialing Optimization Project.