Public Relations, Marketing and Events Consultant
Client and Employer Companies
Directed all aspects of consulting business and client engagements/projects. Provided clients with expertise, strategy and delivery of various PR, marketing and event management initiatives. Time period included full-time positions with Hayslett Group and Rare Affairs as well as temporary contracts/assignments.
KEY ENGAGEMENTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Consultant to award-winning recording artist Melanie Dekker – delivered media relations, copywriting, event management, multimedia and branding support.
Public Relations Consultant, Weber Shandwick Worldwide – Developed PR and marketing materials to communicate key client messages. Pitched targeted trade, secured positive coverage from local and national media, and tracked results.
- Secured placements in various key publications, including Nation’s Restaurant News and QSR, by reconstructing research from Coca-Cola into feature bylines and case studies that highlighted both research and Coca-Cola products.
- Developed concept/collateral for International African American Museum in Charleston, SC, with multi-purpose collateral piece engaging readers and leading to commendations from agency.
Senior Account Manager, Hayslett Group, LLC – Created PR and communication strategies for award-winning, full-service PR agency. Managed various accounts, facilitated client presentations, wrote/edited collateral materials, coordinated events and built business through relationships.
- Produced PR event that exceeded attendance projections (more than 500 versus 125) garnered significant local coverage and achieved high client satisfaction.
- Increased nationwide print media placements by 1.1 million in circulation for online and catalog retailer through writing and issuing press releases that optimized publicity in consumer and trade magazines.
- Field Liaison Manager, WorldTravel Meetings and Incentives – Served as primary contact to plan and coordinate meetings for a major pharmaceutical company, working with HQ and field sales team.
- Principal/Event Producer/Account Director, Rare Affairs – Developed, launched and grew successful event production firm. Managed all activities, including media relations, marketing, communications, business development and event management. Hired, trained, mentored and supervised employees; selected and managed team of professional vendors to service specific events.