Independent Arts Consultants
Provide a broad array of consulting services to the nonprofit community with a commitment to enhancing the effectiveness of our clients.
• The Big Quiz Thing, New York, New York, 2015 – present. Developing strategic business plan for fully produced multimedia live trivia show. Areas of focus include marketing, social media and sales initiatives to increase performance dates and clientele diversification.
• New Jersey Ballet, Livingston, New Jersey, 2014 – 2015. Developed strategic fundraising plan to be executed in the 2014-2015 Season. Designed and implemented organization's first donor membership program. Produced several high touch donor events and consulted on data base management conversion, social media efforts, and general operational procedures to improve staff communication.
• Arts Reach, National Arts Marketing Conference, New York, New York, 2015. Dancing with the Stars: Effective Programming that Attracts New Audiences and Donors, Panel Moderator with Naomi Grabel, Carnegie Hall, Nancy Kleaver, Lincoln Center Education, Molly Meloy, BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music), and Tim Robinson, Paul Taylor Dance Company.
• PA Presenters Conference, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 2014. Presenter, Grady, Jamie and Christine Olivier, Audience Next.
• New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, Wellington, New Zealand, 2011 – 2012. Managed relationships with several significant donors leading to increased giving and participation. Retained Foundation support of NZ $40,000 annually for National Youth Orchestra programming. Assisted with the 2011 Rugby World Cup Gala featuring Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and the NZSO.
• Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand, Annual General Meeting, Auckland, New Zealand, 2011. Presenter, Grady, Jamie. It is Okay to Ask People for Money, Lessons in Fundraising.
• Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, 2011. Successfully raised NZ $1.25 million dollars for 2011 elections, a 36% increase over previous election year. Integrated new on-line giving campaign into overall fundraising strategies.
• Arts Reach, National Arts Marketing Conference, New York, New York, 2006. Presenter, Grady; Jamie, Brian Newman and Diane Ragsdale, Marketing to Generations X and Y On Their Own Terms,
• Glove Theater, Gloversville, New York, 2005. Convened with members of the board of directors and key stakeholders for the purpose of developing and gaining consensus for a long-term planning initiative as well as establishing key qualifications for executive director search and leadership succession plan.
• Community Arts Partnership of Tompkins County, Ithaca, New York, 2001 – 2002. Worked with executive staff on the development, application and implementation of National Endowment of the Arts grant for the purpose of community cultural assessment.
• Kitchen Theatre Company, Ithaca, New York, 1999 – 2000. Consulted on a number of operational and fiscal challenges in association with short and long-term planning strategies.