Eighteen years professional experience in school business (primarily in the areas of finance and facilities management). Strong leadership, management, finance, analytical and communication skills. Outstanding project management and team development skills, including inter-agency and inter-departmental coordination toward achievement of organizational goals.
Dec 2005 - Present
Senior Director, District Financial Services
- Plans, organizes, controls, and directs operations and activities of District Financial Services, including AB 1200 and AB 2756 oversight.
- Directs and participates in the development and implementation of fiscal policies for districts, certifies State and Federal reports, provides information and assistance to County Office and District personnel.
- Oversees accounts payable auditing of school districts.
- Provides technical expertise, information and assistance to the Deputy Superintendent regarding District budgets and financial and accounting activities.
- Plans, organizes and implements long- and short-term programs and activities to facilitate budget development and financial reporting.
- Develops, implements and monitors accounting systems for a variety of financial functions.
- Serves as fiscal and technical advisor for Districts, conducts information workshops.
Oct 2000 - Dec 2005
Associate Director, Facilities
- Planned, coordinated, and supervised the construction, maintenance, and operations of facilities owned or utilized by the Fresno COE.
- Coordinated School Facility Program funding, site acquisition, environmental documentation, project planning (new construction, modernization, deferred maintenance, etc.), budgeting, and reporting.
- Coordinated purchasing, including bidding (public works, school supplies, and furniture and equipment).
- Managed transportation services, including the purchase, maintenance, and disposal of van fleet.
- Coordinated property and liability insurance issues and claims.
- Represented Fresno COE in the state and local legislative processes related to school facilities.
- Provided facilities planning and purchasing support services to Fresno County districts as requested.
Jul 1996 - Oct 2000
- Developed and implemented long- and short-term facility master plans and policies to meet changing educational program needs.
- Prepared enrollment projections for budgeting and facilities planning purposes (including boundary changes).
- Coordinated facilities construction and related activities, including financial planning, developing plans and specifications, bidding, scheduling, construction contract administration, and expenditure reporting.
- Administered developer fee collection and reporting.
- Represented school district in various community and local agency situations.
- Maintained site plans, electronic databases, and other records related to district properties, facilities, and demographics.
Jan 1991 - Jul 1996
- Coordinated and prepared facilities master plan and developer fee justification studies, including all components (student yields, enrollment projections, land use planning, facilities capacity, needs assessments).
- Coordinated and prepared CEQA reports and documents for school projects.
- Developed and maintained databases, spreadsheets, and filing systems for tracking district and resource information.
May 2007 - Mar 2009
Masters of Business Administration
Bachelor of Arts
Certification of Completion of the CBO Mentor Project training for California education agency Chief Business Officials.
Certificate of Completion of the Education Facilities Planning Certificate Program through UC Davis, Extension.
Class schedule for the 2006-2008 CBO Training Program that I led and facilitated at Fresno COE. 40 participants for 18-month program.
Board minutes showing write-up from 2002 when I received Employee of the Month at Fresno COE.
Bronze dedication placque for Scout Island Outdoor Education Center on the San Joaquin River in Fresno, CA. I was the project management for the 82-acre project.
Note of commendation from Armen Bacon for coordination of the inter-agency education response to Hurricane Katrina.
There are 20 learning stations at the Scout Island Outdoor Education Center. Each was named for someone involved with the multi-year development project. This is the one with my name on it.
Received "Above and Beyond" award for service to FCOE and the greater community from Dr. Peter G. Mehas at FCOE's All Staff Day 2005.
Congressional recognition for work with Fresno's Downtown Association.