Cross Country Inn
- Assisting general manager in all aspects of running hotel
- Handling any customer complaints and/or disputes
- Personally inspected 133rooms to insure that they were up to company standards
- Documenting any acts that weren't conducive to company policies
- Insuring that the books for each day's business were balanced properly
- Making daily bank drops.
- Managing a Staff of 6-10 employees
- Keeping all hourly and cost budgets down
- Preparing payroll at the end of each pay period
- Interviewing and hiring of new employees
- Providing constant training and mentoring of staff in all areas of sales, customer service, merchandising, theft control and cash handling
- Providing excellent customer service to insure that we met or exceeded the goals set for monthly sales plans.
- Maintaining files for all gift registrants Setting up and conducting the booth for bridal shows
- Building new contact base by creating partnerships with local businesses and by making individual contacts outside of the business to generate more potential clients
- Meeting and exceeding set goals for amount of new registries and dollars generated
- Handling all special order china, crystal and flatware reservations
- Properly merchandising the floor as required in accordance with a provided plan-o-gram
- Providing excellent customer service and maintaining great customer service to promote repeat business
- Managing a personal bank, making change and settling each check until the end of each shift.
2006 - Present
Jamie's Print and Design Services
- Individually owned business, providing graphic design and product printing and production to meet each client's personal and professional needs
- Working closely with both the client and several printing companies to deliver a quality and personalized product at a fair and affordable price, while keeping production and time under budget to ensure that each project is profitable and satisfactory.
- Specializing in marketing and promotional products, such as t-shirts, brochures, logo design, business cards, mugs, folders, etc.
- Also specializingin proposal creation, RFP response and large document compilation. Web Design and Maintenance
Jan 2014 - Nov 2014
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable Entry Completed
- Bank Reconciliations for 4 Properties
- Resident Ledger Auditing and Correction Resident Payment Entry
- Prepared Month End Reports for Controller and CFO
- Provided Training to Team Members in Bookkeeping, Customer Service, Excel, MRI, & AMSI
- Conducted On-Site Accounting Audits of Files
- Appeared and Testified in Court for Eviction Proceedings
- Oversaw and Monitored the Branding of the Company
- Created New Forms, Databases, and Excel Worksheets throughout the Portfolio
2012 - Oct 2014
Crystal Lofts SMG
- Manager of 17 unit luxury lofts and suites, in addition to large retail space located in desirable Midtown Detroit.
- Responsible for reporting to the property owner on a monthly basis in regard to the operations of the property.
- Handle all leasing tours and processes.
- Coordinate apartment turns and repairs as needed.
- Maintain a strong line of communication with all residents to ensure their satisfaction.
- Draw up and deliver legal documents when needed.
May 2013 - Jan 2014
- Property Manager for a 348 unit property located directly across from U of M Medical Center
- Supervised and scheduled maintenance turns for an average of 55% turn during the summer season
- Provided training and direction to a summer leasing staff of 3
- Scheduled move-ins and communicate move in details to all new residents
- Walk units and complete move out paperwork for all move outs.
Apr 2012 - May 2013
- Assist on a multi-site level in any needed area for day to day operation, leasing, marketing, training and organization
- Responsible for graphic design across the company.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Define and initiate projects, and assign team members, contractors and consultants to manage cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
- Coach, mentor and lead personnel within a technical team environment.
- Present periodic Dashboard reports on the current program, future opportunities and client issues.
May 2010 - Apr 2012
Six Trails Apartment Homes (SMG)
- Handle all marketing to draw new prospects.
- Maintain a healthy rapport with all tenants and prospective tenants and provide the highest standard of customer service to increase and maintain the occupancy rate.
- Handle all aspects of lease signing and renewal with current and new residents to make sure that the documents are complete with the correct details and signed so that they will stand up in a court of law if needed.
- Take work orders and requests from tenants and follow up with each tenant to ensure that they have received prompt and effective service.
- Work closely with management and the maintenance staff to makesure that the day to day operations run smoothly.
Monroe County Community College
Washtenaw Community College