Honorable Discharge, U.S. Army, 18th Airborne Corps
Global technology delivery manager with strong consulting, problem-solving, and technical skills. Background includes ten years of success in executive management in offshore and onshore contexts, nine years consulting service and practice management as well as nine years in engineering management delivering creative solutions that enable productivity for end users. Experience encompasses Salesforce.com, shrink-wrapped business software, mobile devices and infrastructure products. Core competencies include:
- Professional Services & Consulting Practice Management
- Enterprise Salesforce.com Implementations
- Offshore Team Delivery Management
- Product Development Methodologies
Nov 2012 - Present
Director CRM Applications
- Managed development, deployment and support of customer service and back office application for 250 users. Included case management, service console, integration with external line of business applications.
- Manged development, deployment and support of FA CRM front office system licensed to over 7,000 financial advisors.
- Developed process improvements enabling Agile development teams to collaborate with local and offshore resources
- Managed the development of production monitoring of replication systems feeding the Salesforce platform
- Managed imaging and document management application development teams
Feb 2012 - Nov 2012
Director CRM Software Engineering
- Managed development, deployment and support of technical call center application for 275 users in a 24x7 operation. Included case management, screen pops, CTI and knowledgebase features.
- Led requirements analysis and product development for B2B and B2C commercial systems including integration with Hoovers, Data.com, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft and custom SOA
- Developed process improvements for Visual Force page, APEX and declarative development allowing Agile development teams to collaborate with local and offshore resources
- Planned and implemented large scale merge between diverging Salesforce.com implementations
- Managed the development of production monitoring of Salesforce and SOA integrations including knowledge base articles for IT support teams
2010 - Feb 2012
Enterprise Services Development Manager
Responsible for Business Analysis, Product Development and Production Support teams. Led multiple teams in process improvement, overall delivery of shared service software products and customer facing product delivery.
- Led the maturation of SCM processes across multiple business divisions furthering alignment with compliance goals.
- Led shared services development and support of 12 critical business systems.
- Managed onboarding of Salesforce.COM CRM application.
- Led the implementation of team processes allowing the capture of software product development metrics.
- Grew Enterprise Services Development and Support teams to meet rapid business growth needs
2009 - 2010
Director of Product Development and IT
Responsible for staff of 15 across multiple departments, Product Development, Professional Services, Customer Support and IT Infrastructure. Led multiple teams in process improvement, CMM-I, product lifecycle deployment, overall delivery of software products, external service delivery, and internal business process engineering.
- Led creation of product management centric product delivery mechanism for ASP.NET based document management product including Windows Workflow Foundation and Skelta BPM.
- Deployed Microsoft Solution Framework methodology and created ISO 9001 processes for company-wide software development.
- P&L responsibility for $1MM revenue Professional Services team engaged in large scale enterprise and government projects.
- Created IT infrastructure initiatives to increase profitability in document scanning production.
- Moved technology organization forward from ad-hoc processes to CMM-I level 2 in 6 months.
2001 - 2008
Responsible for department of 50 software developers, designers and QA testers locally and offshore, $2M department budget, process improvement, automation, product lifecycle deployment and overall engineering delivery of SaaS offering, shrink-wrapped products, and internal shared services.
- Led development teams in creating 8 new compelling products in 7 years.
- Negotiated open source agreement, which enabled delivery of the first SaaS product for ACT! in less than 9 months based on Java and LAMP stack.
- Automated 10% of test cases with only 8% of QA budget using offshore talent, which resulted in product release one week ahead of schedule.
- Piloted R&D process improvements such as addition of UML, TDD, automated unit tests, quality circle, and root cause analysis, improving predictability range from months to days.
- Developed ERP integration technology allowing ACT! to integrate with 17 different Sage ERP products, which enabled new business processes for millions of Sage customers worldwide
2000 - 2001
Provided technology deployment consulting service for Microsoft customers such as Motorola, Honeywell, and Apollo Group (University of Phoenix). Local leader of the "SUN Down" effort to unseat SUN Microsystems servers in the southwest region.
1999 - 2000
Responsible for department of 15 developers and QA testers, $4M budget, conversion of DOS technology to Linux platform, and production of optical Network Attached Storage Linux appliance.
- Developed technology transfer plan for sale of Optisys to Arraid Corp, subsidiary of Alanco Technologies (NASDAQ: ALAN) to satisfy investors and the Board's general exit strategies.
- Invited speaker as Network Attached Storage expert, delivering presentations to thousands of participants at regional and national trade shows
1996 - 1999
Engineering and IT consulting assignments with APR at Ticketmaster and Sierra Design Group. Designed handheld device facilities management solutions and Indian casino lottery gaming systems.
1991 - 1996
THOR LOGIC CORPORATION
Launched and led all operations of $1.2M start-up IT consulting practice providing professional services to medium and fortune 200 businesses including American Express, Motorola, Ryder Truck Rental, and Honeywell.
- Grew company to 50+ employees within 5 years.
- Developed productivity tools for consulting practice team members to bring to client sites for value add delivery.
- Provided a viable cost-effective solution to clients in high-cost .com market by offering offshore software development services.
- Invited presenter at regional conferences as subject matter expert on automated recruiting process for technical staff.
1988 - 1990
Software Engineering Manager
Led process improvement effort by implementing continuous improvement, quality circle, and testing automation resulting in zero defect product releases every 6 months. Managed $1.1M budget.
- Delivered 4 shrink-wrapped products including GTX Raster CAD, which won CADALYST magazine's 5-star award and earned CADENCE Editors' Choice Award through 1998.