The Warranty Group, Chicago, IL
The Warranty Group is one of the world's premier global providers of warranty solutions and related benefits, with operations in more than 35 countries and nearly 1,700 employees.
President & COO, Asia Pacific Markets, 2010 – 2011
(Expatriated to Shanghai, China 2010-2011)
Executive Vice President, International Markets, 2009–2010
Executive Vice President, Latin American Markets, 2005–2009
Vice President, Latin American Markets, 2000–2005
Selected by the corporate CEO to develop and execute strategic direction of international markets with a 720-member team after raising annual revenue from $8 million to $250 million and increasing EBITDA to over $35M annually. Full P&L accountability for business operations in 14 countries, eight companies in Latin America including two Insurance operations and eight in the Asia-Pacific region. Full P&L Responsibility.
- Achieved a 95% retention of clients during a major crisis in 2010 in the China business unit. Implemented crisis management plan, launched save procedures, secured company assets, and resources, rebuilt trust among Chinese employees and re-established strategic path forward.
- Improved return on investment over 50% after careful evaluation of the risks of an investment opportunity in a key Latin American market and gaining board level approval to initiate.
- Achieved a 22% increase in operational efficiency after launching cultural and organizational changes in the Brazil business unit through the implementation of, “The Balanced Scorecard.”
- 100% increase in new product sales in six months and 17% overall increase for the year achieved after directing M&A activities to acquire insurance company in Brazil to comply with new regulations.
- Utilized entrepreneurial innovation to win a new client increasing sales for Brazil business unit 18%.
- 60% reduction in general expenses through restructuring of Argentine business unit to minimize exposure to local economic events and optimize performance bringing this business unit in under budget.
- Forged business alliances with Honda Brazil, Audi Brazil, Mitsubishi Brazil, Mazda Mexico, Honda Mexico, Ford Argentina, GM Colombia, Hyundai Korea, Perodua Malaysia and Subaru Australia.