Controller/Director Procurement Services
Palm Beach State College
- Leading Finance Department with over 50 Personnel for District Wide College Services.
- Provided exceptional and increasing services, while maintaining staffing levels, concurrent with rapid growth of over 100% revenue/expenditure activities during 8 years in position.
- Initiated and successfully attained Federal Indirect Cost Reimbursement Rate (a/k/a F&A rate) for the first time at our organization's history - yielding much needed revenues to offset indirect costs (not typical for a primarily two year Florida College-Now collecting 30% G&A funds to operate Fed Grants)
- Created Finance Analyst team to better leverage existing data in our systems to promote faster reporting, decision making, and transparency (primarily SQL tools experts and I.T. interfaces)
- Provided data analysis tools to departmental users, and finance team, allowing much better financial and related data integrity as well as presenting needed ‘clean up’ opportunities – not previously available with legacy systems reporting data.
- Instituted improvements to accounting structure to promote better compliance and reporting capabilities.
- Streamlined treasury, banking, and related reconciliation processes.
- Promoted changes within department for better use of staff, including reorganization, position changes, and cross-training as needed.
- Trained to gain increased reliance on technology to assist in productivity and related work distribution changes within the Finance Department.
- Worked with several inter-departmental committees and teams to institute continued business process re-design for productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Incorporated Procurement and Auxiliary Services to Controller’s area and updated processes/procedures and contracting management abilities adding revenue generation /cost savings opportunities.
- Added management of the student "all in one" ID card program to Controller's area [identification, vendor transaction, and pay for print services).
- Initiated and Integrated new Procurement Card program for efficient and effective buying.
- Leveraged cost savings and revenue sources within various functional areas.