Entrepreneurial General and Product Management executive with P&L experience in on-line, legal, travel, local, information, data and service industries.Proven ability to develop creative solutions, establish strategic alliances, manage multiple projects and identify profit-generating and cost reducing opportunities.Demonstrated leadership in day-to-day operational and turn-around situations through visionary thinking, hands-on execution and excellent interpersonal communication.
May 2010 - Aug 2014
Senior Product Manager
- Product and project management lead for the licensing and implementation of a Digital Asset Management system, launched in July 2014, with business team in final negotiations on multi-million dollar deal to license media content to a leading publisher.
- Responsible for product and project management for the ePals Global Community, an on-line community with 10M users around the world, including creation of Student Challenges that led to a lucrative sponsorship deal with the Smithsonian Institute in 2013.
- Product lead responsible for the redesign, development and launch of ePals’ SchoolMail e-mail client, combining e-mail communication with proprietary policy management and mail filters designed to provide for safe and secure communication and collaboration for students, teachers and parents.
- Won contract with the New York City Department of Education to be the exclusive provider of Student and Parent e-mail platform for all schools in all five boroughs of the city, with rollout in January 2011.
- Responsible for requirements management, wireframes, flow charts and diagrams, and work with UI design resources to create visual experiences.
- Assist Sales and BizDev teams with product demos, from scripts to execution.
Sep 2008 - Feb 2010
Sr. Product Manager, AOL Travel Properties
- Responsible for the ongoing development and enhancement of the product, with multi-million dollar budget, from conception to proposal, development, testing and release on schedule and within budget.
- Delivered new products and enhancements driving a 14% Y/Y increase in revenue in 2009.
- Increased UVs M/M for seven consecutive months setting new all time highs each month.
- Increased organic search traffic 35% Y/Y by expanding the site footprint and implementing SEO best practices.
- Designed, developed and implemented The Insider on Tripvine.com, a new blog featuring local experts providing inside tips and scoops for travelers visiting their city.
- Launched TripScene, a new travel video series providing consumers with information and travel tips in the form of top five lists presented by AOL Travel staff.
- Expanded coverage in the AOL Travel Guides from 21K cities to over 900K.
- Served as point of contact managing relationships with key internal partners in multiple locations, including India and Ireland, and managed relationships with external partners including Kayak, Travelocity, Shermans, Travelzoo and Travelscream among others.
Mar 2008 - Sep 2008
Product Manager, Classifieds Verticals
- Redesigned online Real Estate offering with focus on consumer experience and delivering results for advertisers.
- Increased time spent by user on site by 32% in the first two months after launch.
- Established new automated feed process to take XML feeds from advertisers to power listings product.
- Reorganized business operations to reduce costs and streamline processes resulting in expense reductions of 10% M/M.
- Established relationships with vendors including Classified Ventures (HomeFinder.com/Apartments.com), MRIS, AdFare and Builderhomesite.
Sep 2004 - Feb 2008
Product Manager, AOL Local Search & Data Platforms October 2005 to February 2008
- Led team, comprised of over 50 employees and executives/business leaders from multiple groups, in multi-million dollar project to replace AOL’s Local Data Platform.
- Created and implemented plan to build complex new platform with internal resources reducing vendor expenses by 25% and providing efficiencies in data management for seven web-based products.
- Developed knowledge of data feeds (XML, FTP), data ingestion, indexing and search becoming product side expert in order to work hands on with engineers.
- Designed, developed and implemented a new map-centric local search product, under budget and ahead of schedule, as the core product of AOL’s newly branded Local product suite.
- Invented automated search results reload feature when using map pan/drag later copied by Google and Yahoo.
- Redesigned AOL City’s Best product for 2008 release, results saw increase in UVs and PVs that set all time highs.
- Served as point of contact managing relationships with key internal partners in multiple locations and managed relationships with external partners including FAST Search & Transfer, AT&T Interactive, Siteworx and Kosmix.
Product Manager, AOL Travel Search September 2004 to October 2005
- Designed, developed and implemented a new meta-search travel product in conjunction with AOL’s external design contractor, Blast Radius, and external technology development partner, Kayak Software Corp.
- Organized focus group sessions to help drive and inform design decisions leading to product redesign.
- Coordinated consumer testing that showed 85% consumer satisfaction rating after post-launch product redesign.
- Served as point of contact managing relationships with key internal partners in multiple locations and managed relationships with external partners including Google, Blast Radius, Kayak, Iron Compass and others.
Sep 2000 - Sep 2004
- Redesigned GSI's LIVEDGAR web-based product based on consumer feedback resulting in 20% increase in web driven revenue Y/Y.
- Designed, developed and implemented over ten new on-line product offerings, features and enhancements accounting for over $11M in annual revenue.
- Created partnership with the Securities & Exchange Commission to oversee document management and reproduction operations by delivering unsolicited proposal to SEC management resulting in 30% reduction in copy related expenses.
- Managed projects throughout entire product development lifecycle from conception to proposal, budgeting, development, testing and release on schedule and within budget.
- Developed rapport with clientele including partners and associates at major law firms to help drive product roadmap.
- Served as point of contact with SEC regarding all technical and electronic information issues.
Mar 1995 - Sep 2000
Manager, Product Development/Information Services March 1995 to September 2000
- Integrated business operations from four groups into one operating unit while developing new on-line products and services and identifying and implementing solutions to reduce expenses.
- Developed business proposal for on-line operations and database offerings integral to maintaining the success and development of the company.
- Designed and developed database to manage and moderate vendors and independent contractors.
- Successfully integrated company into Business & Government Services division as a new National Records Unit with responsibilities for expedited service and data acquisition requests.
- Reduced expenses through elimination or renegotiation of vendor contracts and reduction in staffing.
Manager, National Records Unit June 1999 to February 2000
- Directed operations of under-performing unit while implementing plan to integrate business with sister unit in Philadelphia, improved performance by reducing costs and increasing efficiencies until turn-over.
- Completed successful transition of business operations to Philadelphia, PA office two months ahead of schedule.
- Successfully placed four full-time employees with positions in other operating units.
- Increased 1999 3rd and 4th quarter profit margins +10% of revenue compared to 1999 1st and 2nd quarters.
- Reduced expenses through elimination or renegotiation of vendor contracts and increased performance capacity with current staffing through more streamlined processes providing greater efficiencies.
- Managed all day to day operations including budgeting, billing, client service and vendor relations and staff of 9 full time and part-time employees and 4 independent contractors.
General Manager, Charles E. Simon & Co. February 1998 to September 1999
- Directed turn-around of under-performing, expense burdened, technologically challenged subsidiary, besieged by free government competition on the Internet.
- Increased 1999 1st quarter profit margins +24% of revenue compared to 1998 1st quarter loss.
- Reduced expenses through elimination or renegotiation of vendor contracts and reduction in staffing.
- Renegotiated office lease reducing excess space, resulting in a 30% reduction in total rent expense
- Assumed invoicing and collections functions previously handled by parent company to ensure clientele of timely invoicing and develop a stronger collections effort.
- Reduced receivables 90+ days past due by 20% within four months.
Manager, Charles E. Simon & Co. March 1995 to February 1998
Developed and launched SRV product, using information to provide streamlined reports detailing securities and regulatory law violations crucial in risk management, business and regulatory applications.
Responsible for accounts receivable, coordinating invoicing and collections efforts with parent company.
Coordinated product development for new services including the development of two databases used for research and management purposes.
Oct 1994 - Mar 1995
CDA Investment Technologies, Inc.
- Managed two online databases allowing clients to research financial information regarding corporate insiders and public company shareholders.
- Instituted quality control processes identifying deficiencies in product and implemented process to clean data.
- Implemented plan to make data processes more productive, saw 30% increase in data entry efficiencies within 6 months.
Mar 1992 - Oct 1994
Senior Research Associate
Prentice-Hall Legal & Financial Services, Inc.
- Fulfilled client requests for research and business information, maintained microfiche library of public SEC documents.
- Developed relationships with associates and partners at major Wall Street law firms and investment banks
- Personally managed relationships with senior partners at four law firms, grew account revenues 25% over first year.
- Used client surveying by phone and mail to maintain and develop client relations.
Nov 1990 - Dec 1991
Principal, Vice President
Creative Talent Agency
- Entertainment management, production, promotion and talent agency.
- Ran business operations and served as booking agent for over 60 national, regional and local acts.
- Exclusive talent booking agent for five nightclubs.
Aug 1987 - Dec 1991
Bachelor of Science
Founder of the CapsRoadCrew, a fan-based organization arranging travel for fans of the Washington Capitals hockey club (2000).Hobbies include technology, travel, athletics, music and entertainment.