Travel, Scuba Diving, Water Sports, Adventure Sports,Martial Arts, Reading, Music, Environmental Sustainability, Emerging Markets, Business
My specific interests lie with the investment in and development of emerging market destinations - in particular, the luxury hospitality and exclusive residential sectors, although I also remain interested in mixed use opportunities.
I am therefore seeking a diverse and challenging role within a related firm (such as a resort development group or an investment outfit with interests in hospitality). This would afford me the ability to apply my skill sets and experience to such a portfolio of projects whilst offering me solid scope for career progression within the organisation.
A dynamic, highly motivated self-starter who adapts quickly and responds positively to new challanges. Having begun my career within the faced-paced environment of an investment bank, I possess a firm basic understanding of finance and investment within the business world.
My subsequent experience with a global investment and development firm specialising in environmentally sustainable luxury leisure, sports and lifestyle communities has equipped me with the necessary skills to channel such a project from conceptualisation through to completion and operation.
My commitment to ongoing studies supplements these skills.
Sep 2007 - Present
Assistant Development Manager
Leisurecorp LLC (a Dubai world company) is an investment and development firm specifically engaged in luxury leisure, sports and lifestyle property projects both in Dubai and internationally. Existing global projects and investments include golf estates, marinas, ski resorts, boutique hotels and luxury residential developments. Worked within the development team for the "Jumeirah Golf Estates" project which is based in Dubai. Responsibilities:
- Project management for specific buildings as well as Project Management team member for Leisurecorp's own villa districts. Tasked with ensuring timely delivery and management of all stages including tender documentation, design submittal, material selection and construction. Assisted with contractual claims and variations as well as pro-actively managed value engineering exercises to accommodate late change requests within strict budgetary limitations
- Attended all consultant coordination meeetings for residential, retail and leisure / hospitality components of the project
- Compliation of development guidelines specifying master developer's requirements for all development within the estate (architectural style, landscaping, sustainability etc)
- Co-ordination of all sub developers engaged in the project and ensure their compliance with master developer's guidelines
- Compilation of monthly project progress reports including programmes, costing, forecasting etc.
- Conducting and assisting with high level investment appraisals, feasability studies, business development research and justification of capital expenditure
- Exposure to LEED and Emirates Green Building Council sustainability initiatives
- Extensive involvement in sales launch events held in prestigiouos hotels
- Intermittent involvement with other group projects including golf estates in South Africa and Scotland
Jan 2006 - Jul 2007
Worked in the Prime Brokerage (Hedge Fund Services) department in London, servicing the global Prime Brokerage model.
- Managed the margining and collateral analysis and reporting of a number of key Hedge Fund accounts. This involved building strong working relationships and regular interaction with both internal and external clients
- Determination of risk categories for stocks, bonds and other corporate securities
- Extensively involved with the testing, development and improvement of new margin system and associated processes which now provide pioneering service options to UBS clients
- Performed analysis and streamlining of processes so as to increase efficiency and capacity for business growth
Sep 2005 - Oct 2005
Post-University Work Experience
Exposure to luxury villa and island resort development with leading Bali property developer.
Aug 2005 - Aug 2005
Post-University - Work Experience
- Extensive discussions with Directors and department heads regarding all aspects of the business
- Work shadowing in various departments including design, development and operations
- Provided advice on yacht charters for expansion proposal
- Mathematics, A
- Further Mathematics, A
- Physics, A
- Computing, A
3 x A*'s (Maths, English, Computing)5 x A's
2 x B's
- 6th Form Scholarship (Science)
- Norfolk County Scholar
- Rix Computer Prize (A-Level)
Physical:- Duke of Edinburgh award (Bronze, Silver and Gold levels)- 1st Degree Black Belt, Tae-Kwon-do
- PADI Rescue Diver / BSAC Dive Leader (have led dives in UK, Egypt and South Africa)
- RYA Day Skipper & Powerboat Levels 1 & 2
- Represented school athletics team
Positions of Responsibility:
- Instructor for Martial Arts and Self Defence lessons (both in school and at outside Tae Kwon-do clubs - including training tour to Tenerife, 2001)
- School Prefect
- Instructional member of Combined Cadet Force (attaining rank of Colour Sergeant)
Sep 2007 - Present
Valuations, Economics, Real Estate Ecomomics, Development Appraisal & Funding, Finance & Investment, Research Methods, Portfolio Analysis and Marketing.
Sep 2002 - Jul 2005
Mechanics of Solids, Thermodynamics, Properties of Materials, Mathematics for Engineering Sciences, Ship Studies, Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Electrical Systems, Modelling & Computing, Computational Methods for Ship Design, Graphical Communications and Maritime Transportation, Maths for Aerospace & Ship Science, Materials, Resistance & Propulsion, Naval Architecture Dynamics, Computing, Ship Design, Management, Ship Production Technology, Marine Engineering, Ship Design & Economics, Ship Structures, Ship Functional Design, Materials in Design, Marine Hydrodynamics, Marine Propulsion Engineering, Theory of Plate Structures, High Performance Craft, Powercraft Performance & Design, Ship Control Systems, Marine Craft Concept Design