The Line Dance Foundation (Aug 2012 - Present)
The Line Dance Foundation (LDF) was founded by Linedancer Magazine, a specialist publication of Champion Media Group. It's aim is to offer financial support via the funds raised to anyone connected to the Line dance industry and whose livelihoods depend on their dance activities. A simple way to give a little back to those dedicated people who give so much towards the hobby.
My role includes building and maintaining the domain www.ldfmanchester.com including an e-commerce solution to sell entry tickets, managing all social media outlets and online marketing, contacting potential event sponsors, venue sourcing, contract & service level agreement negotiation, talent acquisition and management of the event, with the aim of raising funds for the foundation. To date I have raised over £5000.
World Dance Masters Ltd (Sep 2002 - Aug 2012)
Outside of my full time positions I was heavily involved in running a dance organisation, hosting 20 annual events in 11 countries including around Europe, Australia, South Africa.
• International Client Concierge & Customer Service – answering emails, Face-to-Face interaction with international guests. Organising group discounts, coach services, flights, accommodation & activities.
• Event planning and management for up to 1100 delegates. Venue sourcing, contract and service level agreement negotiation (clients included Merlin Entertainments Group Ltd, Principal Hayley Hotels, Britannia Hotels & Crown Leisure), strategic planning & roll out of the nationwide Solo Style® Danceclass initiative
• Social Media solutions - Set up and maintenance of all social network platforms & content creation with the aim of furthering brand recognition & market penetration, statistical analysis & report creation
• E-Commerce solutions – Set up of an online store to purchase event tickets & registrations, processing orders, entry allocation, and payments/refunds, database & mailing list management.
• Webmaster duty – Design, Editing and maintenance of 2 complex website of 150+ pages each using the Rapidweaver web design program