Receiving Associate/Overnight Stocker
- During the three years I was with the company I not only stocked the shelves at night. I became well cross-trained in every department, (grocery, consumables, GM)
- Working the floor as an associate mean to always go the extra mile for the customer. Whether its making sure that box of cereal is in the right place so a customer can buy it, or helping them find it with Inventory Control, the customer needs to feel like it can depend on a store to have what it needs when they need it.
- Stocking the freight from pallet to shelves, recycling the trash, and then putting away overstocked merchandise was the primary focus each and every night.
- Once all new merchandise has been worked, we run the picks. Same as any other freight.
- Last, we would spend whatever time we had left at the end of the night to zone (or face) the items to the front of the shelves. Each morning we would do this to the entire store almost as if we had a grand opening.