Contract Software Engineer
Digital Prospectors Corporation
MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Surveillance Systems
- Turned around failing team to produce control system for radar low-cost multifunction radar demonstrator.
- Mentored teams adopting scrum and agile methodologies, advising on story selection, size and task definitions yielding an average 20% increase in team velocities.
- Developed software to steer phased array radar and conduct real time data capture.
- Architect of distributed M&S system used in modeling TCAS/ACAS encounters and spectrum use in airspace.
- Developed human-computer interfaces to support human use of cameras in a remote ATC tower environment.
- Designed system to emulate camera surveillance at an arbitrary airport using Prepare3D, Java, C++, and Vlc.
- Led development of a Java based Monte-Carlo simulation used to study requirements needed to certify a surveillance system for use in a remote ATC tower.
- As scrum master facilitated ceremonies (planning, stand-ups, backlog grooming, retrospectives).
- Developed an Android navigational display to demonstrate UAS collision avoidance algorithms.
- Created decision support algorithms, in Java and C++, to predict and alert users to emerging safety situations.
- Designed DSL, using Groovy, to prototype prediction algorithms in terms familiar to subject mater experts (SME).
- Created firm real-time microservice using Java, Spring, JMX and JaxB to adapt safety information from ASDE-X radar system.
- Redesigned ingestion pipeline for flight test data
- Implemented continuous integration system to produce, test, and distribute libraries to partner organizations.