Bombardier Transportation 1998 - 2005
Director, Sales & Delivery, Bombardier Transportation Services - Crewe, UK (2002 - 2005)
Manage client relationship, development of sales opportunities, and provide leadership to a team of 15 direct and indirect reports responsible for sales, proposal submission, and contract negotiation.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Bombardier-MAV Kft., a joint venture in Hungary employing 600 personnel, operating in the key Eastern Europe market.
- Led a team of Key Account Managers located throughout Europe; conducted project evaluation including assessment of risks and costs, determination of prices and market studies.
- Main projects involved maintenance of railway fleets, refurbishment of trains, and delivery of spare parts. Successfully negotiated different projects including: 120 million euros for high-speed train fleet maintenance in Spain, 20 million euros for the sale of trains to Israel and 16 million euros for the refurbishment of trains in Hungary.
- Member of the integration task force following the acquisition of Adtranz from DaimlerChrysler.
Director, Project Development, Bombardier Transit Systems - Kingston, Can. (1998 - 2002)
Responsible for development of projects in the Middle East, the Gulf, North Africa, and Turkey.
- Established and guided a multinational team of corporations to prepare an offer for a US$450 million light rail system in Jerusalem, Israel. The team pre-qualified in first position.
- Formed a team of Canadian, French and Saudi companies to develop a railway in Saudi Arabia.
- Established and maintained high level contacts in Turkey and Egypt providing Bombardier improved access and contacts with top management of the authorities and the government.
- Created a unique opportunity for a transit system in Dubai, UAE.