Business development expert with 20 years experience in international sales, marketing, negotiations of major long-term contracts and management of projects worldwide. Contributed actively to the strategic development of companies as a member of management committees and a supervisory board. Developed new markets and managed multi-cultural teams in various countries to reach common goals. I am looking for opportunities to employ my experience to achieve companies' success.
Nov 2009 - Present
Vice President, Business Development, Ontario
Develop the Ontario transportation (rail and road engineering) market, potentially worth several million dollars with Dessau, a major Canadian engineering company.
- Establish new client and partner relationships; Negotiate partnerships for strategic proposals.
- Direct and supervise proposal submissions from project selection through client negotiations.
2008 - 2009
Senior Director, Business Development
Developed Canadian and international markets for high-performance, clean energy locomotives & cranes
- Concluded important license agreement for hybrid crane technology with major US client.
- Established Railpower as a supplier for locomotive fleet renewal programs by Canadian railways.
- Created proposal process according to international standards.
2006 - 2008
VP, International Business Development
Establish international consortia for major concession and PPP infrastructure projects worldwide
- Develop contractual relationships with investors to which Dessau provides engineering in energy, transportation, environmental and other fields.
- Established consortia and submitted proposals for various Algerian transportation projects.
- Negotiated projects valued from $20M to over $1B in Caribbean, Latin America, and Africa.
1998 - 2005
Director, Sales and Delivery
Bombardier Transportation 1998 - 2005
Director, Sales & Delivery, Bombardier Transportation Services - Crewe, UK (2002 - 2005)
Manage client relationship, development of sales opportunities, and provide leadership to a team of 15 direct and indirect reports responsible for sales, proposal submission, and contract negotiation.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Bombardier-MAV Kft., a joint venture in Hungary employing 600 personnel, operating in the key Eastern Europe market.
- Led a team of Key Account Managers located throughout Europe; conducted project evaluation including assessment of risks and costs, determination of prices and market studies.
- Main projects involved maintenance of railway fleets, refurbishment of trains, and delivery of spare parts. Successfully negotiated different projects including: 120 million euros for high-speed train fleet maintenance in Spain, 20 million euros for the sale of trains to Israel and 16 million euros for the refurbishment of trains in Hungary.
- Member of the integration task force following the acquisition of Adtranz from DaimlerChrysler.
Director, Project Development, Bombardier Transit Systems - Kingston, Can. (1998 - 2002)
Responsible for development of projects in the Middle East, the Gulf, North Africa, and Turkey.
- Established and guided a multinational team of corporations to prepare an offer for a US$450 million light rail system in Jerusalem, Israel. The team pre-qualified in first position.
- Formed a team of Canadian, French and Saudi companies to develop a railway in Saudi Arabia.
- Established and maintained high level contacts in Turkey and Egypt providing Bombardier improved access and contacts with top management of the authorities and the government.
- Created a unique opportunity for a transit system in Dubai, UAE.
1992 - 1998
Ganz Hunslet Rt., Hungary
Commercial Director - Budapest, Hungary (1996 - 1998)
Led a team of twelve sales managers and engineers in the preparation of budgets, tendering, international business development, and negotiation.
- Negotiated contracts worth US$13 million with Union Carriage Works of South Africa and US$4 million with Malaysian Railways. These contracts allowed Ganz-Hunslet to achieve profitable years in 1996 and 1997.
- As part of a strategy to cooperate with the international industry leaders, signed US$23 million in contracts (with Siemens, Alstom, and others) and supervised over US$3 million of parts sales.
- Member of the management committee; developed company's strategy in close cooperation with the Managing Director.
Director, International Sales - Budapest, Hungary/Jenbach, Austria (1992 - 1996)
Entrusted by the Chairman the mandate to develop a strategy and to organize and lead international sales for the Group of companies [Jenbacher Transportsysteme AG].
- Re-focused Spares Parts team of 8 members to meet customer requirements and improve margins through more efficient business practices and improved client communication.
- Entrusted with the co-project management of the Group's largest contract, a US$65 million project to design and produce trainsets for Malaysian Railways.
- Improved personal technical and management skills in a very challenging environment.
1989 - 1987
Leased several properties in downtown Montreal at the most dynamic real estate company in the city.
1990 - 1992
Including a semester at Institut d'Administration des Entreprises (IAE), Aix-en-Provence, France