- Senior executive with experience of working to align business, creative and technology plans - Unique and broad combination of creative, management and delivery skills with a technology background - Accomplished writer and public speaker
Feb 2008 - Present
Advisor and Evangelist
I act as advisor and evangelist for DuxSoft, a tech startup focused on HPC solutions for small and medium companies
Nov 2007 - Present
Group EVP, Business Development and Marketing
Maya Entertainment Ltd.
- Business development and product aquisition for the animation vertical - International BD and operations for the education vertical - Group marketing, branding and communications - Part of Corporate Strategy group
Jan 2007 - Oct 2007
Consultant, Strategy and Development
Maya Entertainment Ltd.
- Strategy advisor to the management and board - Assist with top level reorganization - Align business plan and projections - Handle Business and creative development - Identify and pursue content creation partnerships - Assist with strategy and knowledge management in the franchised education vertical of the company, introduce technology partnerships
Jun 2004 - Jul 2006
Creative and Technical Consultant
- Assist game services startup with strategy, setup and recruitment. - Oversee client pilots and game project deliveries (programming and art) from multi-location teams Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. - Provide art direction and supervision for 3D demo reel development, including high end cinematics and next-gen technology.
Sep 2005 - May 2006
- Help create $50MM new media business plan - Provide domain expertise and strategy inputs to create the business focus - Assist in assembling the creative and technology teams - Identify potential India & US acquisitions
2005 - 2005
Reliance Infocomm, India
- Create $200M business plan and go-to-market strategy for media business - Target $2B global business in five years encompassing DTH, animation, mobile content and games - Identify target areas and potential acquisitions
Apr 2003 - May 2004
Prana Studios Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- Design and build scalable best-of-breed studio infrastructure for 3D animation. - Devise and implement technology plan and CG delivery pipeline. - Grow studio operations to 30 employees in 10 months, supporting delivery of multiple US projects and completion of first marketing show reel - Assist in creative & technical supervision for lighting, rendering and effects
2001 - 2003
Senior Software Engineer
Sony Electronics Ltd.
- Work in advanced R&D group to visualize live broadcast telemetry data in a real time 3D graphics engine for NASCAR races - Lead design of camera and multimedia APIs and applications for Sony Clie products on Palm platform, in collaboration with Palm USA and Sony Electronics Tokyo. - Patent on advertising metrics inside video games
1997 - 2001
Industrial Light and Magic (ILM)
- Create visual effects and lighting on movies like Perfect Storm and Star Wars - Episode 1. - Develop production pipeline to incorporate Maya and motion capture in the studio. - Serve on several pipeline and technical steering groups. - Work with Production Software and R&D groups.
1996 - 1997
Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Early adopter of VRML, helping define the 2.0 Spec and create first cloth simulation in VRML - Create successful prototypes of movie based interactive worlds (Jumanji) showcased in Digital Bayou, Siggraph New Orleans 1996 - As an intern, successfully made solo demo and presentation to CEO, Chairman and entire board of Sony Japan including Norio Ohga and Nobuyuki Idei
Jul 1993 - May 1994
Index Computing Ltd.
- Work in RnD group on Document Image Processing and Optical Character Recognition
Aug 1994 - Dec 1996
Univ. of California, Los Angeles
Specialised in Computer Graphics
1989 - 1994
Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Winner, "Brain of BITS" Winner, Best Paper in Computer Science, Apogee 1994, for final year thesis on "Neural Network based Optical Character Recognition"