Digital, marketing and business leader with nine years regional experience implementing and managing scalable media, marketing and technology platforms to help financial services, FMCG and media blue-chip brands succeed.
Having been on both the client and agency side, I'm adept at working with Information Technology, Legal & Compliance, Product, Human Resources, Finance and all stakeholders to design, implement and manage company-wide initiatives.
Internally, I believe in the power of a motivated team and invest in building, leading and mentoring teams. Externally, the customer is king and the customer is well-informed, selective and pleasure-seeking. If we do not build strong products and delightful services for them, success will be distant.
Line managers, colleagues and clients would describe me as commercially-minded, tenacious and committed, passionate about innovation and ingenuity, analytical yet creative, is comfortable with risk and ambiguity, works well with people and possesses strong interpersonal and general management skills.
I derive insights from data and pair creative story-telling to increase brand awareness, preference, purchase, loyalty and recommendation through paid, owned and earned (POE) platforms in addition to helping internal stakeholders make better marketing and business decisions, faster.
Selected Key Achievements :
1. Strategised and implemented a 5-year digital transformation roadmap across Banking, Marketing, Customer Service, Analytics, Partnerships and Branch Technology for RHB in Malaysia and Singapore.
2. Strategised, implemented and managed the "Social CRM" for CIMB Group which focused on layering social media data of customers into the CRM for one-to-one marketing towards reducing spam marketing, increasing spend or deposits and improving loyalty, Net Promoter Scores and ROMI.
3. Strategised, implemented and managed >100 web applications, social media applications, mobile applications, group websites and digital platforms for CIMB Group (SEA), Telekom Malaysia, Dutch Lady, Johnson & Johnson and RHB Group.
- Gathering insights, planning, implementing and managing integrated digital strategies through e-commerce, web, search, social, content, CRM, apps, chat and analytics for CIMB, RHB, TM and Johnson & Johnson.
- Proven ability in business development through 32% growth in annual billings for IPG Mediabrands and a 100% customer renewal rate
- Adept at leading and mentoring business development teams, forecasting and planning revenues, budgeting and building business cases for investment decisions.
- Creating and managing Scope of Work documents based on business requirements, identifying issues and reducing risks; operating as the intermediary between business teams and tech teams to roll-out digital projects within cost, timelines and with agreed features.
- Mapping out user journeys based on UI/UX principles to reduce customer friction points, increase engagement and move potential customers along the funnel towards the desired business outcome.
- Scoping, implementing and managing analytics platforms to generate actionable insights via weekly/monthly reports for internal stakeholders.
- Using integrated media strategies to achieve optimal spend based on "consumer moment planning" for paid, owned and earned platforms.
- Leading digital crisis management for CIMB, Dutch Lady, KFC and Pizza Hut using a combination of offline and online tactics.
- Working with cross-functional and regional teams for e.g. Legal & Compliance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance and Business Units to implement company-wide projects.
- Setting up, growing and mentoring teams of 3-22 across MY, ID, TH, PH and SG including managing experienced professionals senior to me.
- Producing original content across print and digital platforms for e.g. annual reports, articles, white papers, and videos.
- Implementing and managing marketing reporting & analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Radian6, and Salesforce.
- Managing agencies, media owners (Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Spotify) and tech vendors across MY, ID, TH, PH and SG.
- Growing general management skills across strategy, legal, change management, finance, talent enablement and operations.
My ability to think strategically coupled with a strong execution bias and interpersonal skills has led to rapid career progression into roles with increased responsibilities.
As a strong believer in continuously learning and re-learning, I finish three books a month and am currently pursuing my MBA with Lancaster University (rated no.1 globally by FT for Corporate Strategy, 35 global ranking).