MEETING & EVENT PLANNER
Sharper Meetings, Sandwich, MA & Portland, ME
Successfully plan and manage meetings, seminars and conferences throughout the US that range between 10 and 15,000 attendees. Partner with incentive travel companies to manage incentive trips for groups as large as 2,800 guests. Create personal concierge services for small VIP meetings to arrange dinner reservations, change travel plans, confirm upgrades, monitor travel delays.
- Analyzed and recommended cost cutting measures that reduced event costs by 15%.
- Organized group travel to foreign destinations by utilizing charter services and commercial air.
- Directed operational elements for 8 live events happening at same time. Stayed within $100,000 budget guideline for all technical support, production elements, venues, registration sites, meeting amenities, meeting space, food & beverage, and staffing.
- Collaborated with producers, directors and writers to give events creative direction and to ensure message strategy supports corporate goals for the event and the company.
- Served as interim director managing an Events Department with a multi-million dollar budget and 4 staff. Mentored event staff to improve their event planning, onsite skills, and their project management abilities. Reported directly to VP Marketing and President.
- Minimized attrition by managing city-wide room blocks with housing bureaus.
- Created Circle of Excellence recognition events for top sales and sponsoring achievers. Included special dinner events with CEO and President, personalized gifts, upgraded transportation and accommodations and special incentive trips.
- Developed “what if” plans that anticipated scenarios for strikes, weather, natural disaster, hotel fire, and death. Included public relation statements, home office and attendee communications.