An ambitious audio/video production professional with extensive experience in the areas of visual media design and composition, broadcast, studio and location video shoots, editing, sound mixing, event planning, marketing and promotions.
Apr 2009 - Present
Currently employed as a freelance Producer, Videographer, and Editor. Clients include Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as well as a variety of private citizens, local business, high schools, and city organizations.
Projects range from recording weddings, homecomings, and other school events to producing historical documentaries.
Oct 2007 - Apr 2009
Associate Producer, Wal-Mart Television
Held responsibility for ensuring smooth live broadcast and video production for studio and location video shoots, and orchestrated post-production services ranging from editing and sound mixing to graphical design and animation. Directed segments during live broadcast, and took on roles of graphics operator, audio engineer, camera operator, gaffer, and set designer. Coordinated production shoots at corporate studios and at off-site locations and facilitated post-production graphics and editing. Compiled videos and graphics for staff training, highlight reels, commercials, music videos, and memorial videos.
- Acted as onsite producer and videographer, collaborating with celebrity talent, including Queen Latifah, Harrison Ford, Paula Deen, Martha Stewart, David Cook, Toby Keith, Taylor Swift, Eli Manning, and Jack Black.
- Logged and completed 500 hours of live broadcast, 400 hours of studio and location video shoots, and 800 hours of post-production in 2008.
- Pioneered department upgrades, streamlined processes, and increased product quality through introduction of HD videography and Panasonic's P2 technology.
- Advanced department effectiveness with design and team instruction using tutorials on audio editing, including Apple Soundtrack Pro, graphics design Adobe After Effects, and correct light meter usage, making Wal-Mart Television more competitive in the industry.
- Led departmental team at yearly corporate holiday meeting in Dallas in 2008, supplying on-site support for technical aspects of event and producing two dozen video presentations.
- Escorted celebrity talent during Dallas event and coordinated video shoots with performer agents.
Oct 2006 - Oct 2007
Designer, Store Layout
Collaborated with store managers, field operation professionals, construction experts, architects, and merchandisers to deliver store layout department with building arrangement plans to accommodate both customer needs and worker safety, providing superior shopping experiences.
- Devised interior layout and design of new, remodeled, and relocated stores.
- Conceived, directed and oversaw implementation of 40 store designs.
- Facilitated creation of groundbreaking and eco-friendly personal sustainability program through design and production of promotional film for coworkers.
Jun 2005 - May 2006
Manager of Technical Services
Restructured department, creating two distinct sub-groups, a theater unit designed to run large, ballroom-size events, and an audio-visual unit capable of assisting various smaller functions. Oversaw audio-visual unit, consisting of nine technical assistants. Organized and coordinated labor and resources for technical department and facilitated training and new employee tutorials.
Aug 2002 - Jun 2005
Produced and set up audio-visual projects, completed clerical and administrative paperwork, orchestrated event planning, and coordinated with student groups and university departments. Planned and oversaw technical support for large live events. Helped to design and facilitate Boston University's summer orientation sessions for prospective students.
Aug 2002 - May 2006
Bachelor of Science
Boston University is one of the leading private research and teaching institutions in the world today. Its College of Communication is dedicated to providing an educational center of excellence focused on teaching, research and service in the study and professional practice of communication. The Film and Television Department provides flexible programs of study that allow students to tailor a major that fits their interests and career goals.