Assistive Technology Advisor
Amethyst Demonstration School
Through presentations, webinars, small group workshops, and one-on-one sessions, I help my students fully utilize the full range of Assistive Technology software and hardware available. I consult and collaborate with school staff and parents to establish a unique functional focus to embed the technology being accessed, resulting in a more meaningful experience with technology.
- Led presentations and Professional Development opportunities for Educational Assistants and SPSTs in the London Catholic School Board with respect to iPads in the classroom, AERO, Dragon Naturally Speaking, and Mindomo
- Adapted and coordinated assistive technology training for parents and staff at Amethyst
- Assisted with developing and implementing individualized assistive technology plans for students by assessing individual student needs with a "Technology Passport"
- Perform clerical and administrative services in support of the assistive technology program such as compiling and maintaining inventory and vendor listings, collecting data, preparing statistical reports, conducting research and performing other duties as assigned
- Proactively aid the IT staff onsite infrastructure and hardware troubleshooting
- Utilize the SAMR model to guide technology implementation and practice