Assistive Technology Advisor
Jan 2016 - Present
Amethyst Demonstration School
Through presentations, webinars, small group workshops, and one-on-one sessions, I help my students fully utilize the full range of Assistive Technology software and hardware available. I consult and collaborate with school staff and parents to establish a unique functional focus to embed the technology being accessed, resulting in a more meaningful experience with technology.
- Led presentations and Professional Development opportunities for Educational Assistants and SPSTs in the London Catholic School Board with respect to iPads in the classroom, AERO, Dragon Naturally Speaking, and Mindomo
- Adapted and coordinated assistive technology training for parents and staff at Amethyst
- Assisted with developing and implementing individualized assistive technology plans for students by assessing individual student needs with a "Technology Passport"
- Perform clerical and administrative services in support of the assistive technology program such as compiling and maintaining inventory and vendor listings, collecting data, preparing statistical reports, conducting research and performing other duties as assigned
- Proactively aid the IT staff onsite infrastructure and hardware troubleshooting
- Utilize the SAMR model to guide technology implementation and practice
School Health Occupational Therapist/ CBI/Pace Health
Sep 2012 - Dec 2015
Provided school health support in both rural and urban schools in Lambton Kent District School Board (LKDSB) and St. Clair Catholic School Board (SCCSB) funded by Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). Responsible for assessing, consulting, and treating a wide array of occupational related issues impeding a client's ability to access the curriculum and fully participate at school.
- Responsible of assessment, appropriation and training of SEA funded equipment, especially Assistive Technology
- Performed a wide-variety of diagnostic and outcome measure assessments, including standardized and non-standardized, to determine the strengths and functional limitations of clients (i.e., Beery VMI, Jordan, Movement-ABC, and TVPS-R)
Technology Consultant, LEARNstyle Inc.
Sep 2015 - Dec 2015
Thames Valley District School Board
Trained both individual students and groups of students who were recently provided with SEA funded Assistive Technology. Emphasis was on rapport building while integrating assistive technology in both the student's classroom environment and everyday life.
- Led both individual and group training sessions in board and ministry approved software (i.e., Dragon, Kurzweil, Word Q. Smart Ideas, etc.)
- Administered training with relationship building at the forefront, focusing on function (i.e., Comprehension, Idea Generation, etc.) and collaboration with relevant stakeholders