14+ years of PR/media-relations, strategic product release planning, and Online Marketing experience within the Hi-Tech and software industry.
Feb 2003 - Present
Marketing Ops Director
- Increased Sales through streamline marketing operations with identical amount of resources. Sales increased close to 70%, unit volume on US orders up 40-50%. BAPCo membership grew over 20%. Recruited 3 new industry corporations: SanDisk, Seagate, and Samsung.
- Successfully negotiated royalty and royalty-free software license agreements with every major independent software vendor (ISV). Reviewed drafts, resolved license issues, and drove timetable.
- Spearheaded new “auto configuration” tool concept which resulted in a 45% decrease in technical support calls and support emails.
- Increased Page Rank from 0 to 5/10. Built high-quality links to over 120. Yearly visitor – monthly rate up 774%. Average stay year-over-year up 152%. Traffic Rank 3 months up 20,912. Results: 300% Revenue Growth Year-Over-Year.
- Introduced successful “Blogger Relations” program going directly to the online community and driving the company’s story. Monitored brand image through blogs and social networks in which the BAPCo brand & media sentiment were positively enhanced.
- Implemented new PR best practices, including using visual and social media in releases. Leveraged new online social marketing tools such Twitter, Digg, and YouTube.
- Worked personally (media relations) with PC reviewers and mainstream media which resulted in zero ‘negative’ press articles in 2008.
Aug 1998 - Feb 2003
- Wrote, designed (SEO/SEM) and produced website template and e-commerce engine. Results: 90% sales automated through company website. Increased profit margins, traffic, conversions, and customer satisfaction.
- Established new production facility and process’s that reduced DVD software manufacturing costs by 35% and software fulfillment costs by 30%.
- Designed and development product packaging including artwork, box form factor, and shrink-wrap in-house.
- Trained employees in technical support, customer relationships, and new automated bug tracking software (bugzilla).
- Wrote jargon-free marketing collateral which reduced press and customer support calls and email by 40%.
Jan 1996 - Aug 1996
- Developed global PR strategy and launched 5 software product releases.
- Increased media coverage by 30% and maintained positive relationships with press, analysts, and online review sites. Monitored website & magazine product reviews to ensure PR message consistency.
- Established media goals, objectives and strategies within corporate budget.
Oct 1993 - Jan 1996
- Executed daily operations such as customer service calls and technical support incident reports.
- Processed membership applications, NDA's, consulting agreements, and reseller contracts.
- Drove software shipping, receiving, & distribution.
- Inspected software for defects and notified manager and outsourced manufacturer for resolution.
- Maintained inventory, personnel, supplies and shipping records. Requisitioned supplies.
- Responded to email and telephone requests for product information.
U.S. News & World Report's rankings for 2008 place UCSC in the top 21 percent of national public universities.
U.S. News and World Report ranks UC San Diego as 7th best public university in the nation, and 35th among the nation’s top 50 universities. U.S. News also ranks UC San Diego 14th among national universities in the category of “Up and Coming Schools.”