Gartner Studios is a nationally recognized stationery and gift manufacturer selling through all major mass merchants, party suppliers and office super stores. They are an innovative and creatively-driven organization with an entrepreneurial spirit.
In 2008, Gartner Studios acquired Mara-Mi and I had the good fortune to join this high-energy company. In my role, I managed product development and marketing programs from design concept through the delivery of finished goods for the Mara-Mi branded products sold through the boutique retail channel. My contributions included:
- Partnered with sales, marketing and design teams to concept new products and programs to drive sales growth, market share and brand positioning
- Led product development process and managed the activities of cross-functional teams including design, art production, operations, supply chain and warehouse to produce new in-line product offerings and custom products and programs
- Conducted all program P&L analysis, costing and pricing to evaluate product assortment and profitability to ensure revenue goals were met
- Negotiated product costs with vendors to meet or exceed P&L requirements
- Provided direction to sourcing team in achieving costing goals, product quality and meeting production timelines; included direct communication with Hong Kong based merchandisers and China based vendors
- Partnered with supply chain team to monitor and track overseas shipments and receipt of product at warehouse
- Conducted quality approval of all pre-production samples and finished goods inventory to ensure accurate execution
- Coordinated timely completion of all sales presentation materials including product mock-ups, merchandising schematics, program proposals and sales rep sample kits
- Managed development of product catalogs including content, coordinating efforts of the design and art production teams, and working with outside printers for costing and production
In addition to our own branded product sold through the independent boutique market, I produced custom products and programs for national retail customers including: Anthropologie, The Container Store, Nordstrom Department Stores, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and TJ Maxx.