Team Lead Solicitor, Legal Services Department
Bank of Ireland
New Century House, Mayor Street, Dublin 1
Having joined as a solicitor on the legal team of the Mortgage Arrears Support Unit, I was responsible for a portfolio of cases in which litigation had initiated or was about to issue seeking judgment, possession orders and also dealing with the appointments of Receivers. Due to organisational demands, in April 2014, I was promoted to Lead Solicitor of a new distinct team within the Legal Department which was responsible for all debt recovery cases relating to residential mortgages within Bank of Ireland.
My primary responsibilities are:
- Overseeing the management of a large portfolio of cases circa 1000+.
- Provision of relevant information at regular intervals and on demand detailing case progression to senior management within the Bank
- Instructing panel solicitors to commence litigation, actively following up on cases and giving instructions where required.
- Approval and swearing of Affidavit required in circuit court and high court actions
- Participating in appointment and on-going review of panel solicitors
- Provision of regular presentations on various relevant legal topics to case managers, credit and underwriting department internally e.g advising on various options re enforcement of judgments, relevance of Code of Conduct on mortgage arrears, effects of bankrupty, personal insolvency etc
- Guiding and supporting other key areas within the bank and linking in with securities department where security not perfected, additional security required etc...
- Maintaining and developing Management Information systems to ensure speedy provision of relevant data
- Keeping abreast of and providing regular updates of relevant case law and its impact on "business as usual" within the bank.