Tech lead - Cloud
Tech Lead within Cloud Business Unit, I took the responsibility for transitioning the control of single, medium complexity IT services from a client environment to successful operation in the Dimension Data’s multi-tenant cloud infrastructure (DaaS platform). My day to day activities include;
- Implementation of best practice procedures for Citrix/Microsoft and network architecture design, development, implementation, and maintenance/support.
- Designing and implementing hosted disaster recovery solutions based on PlateSpin for different RPO and RTOs
- Working within Dimension Data’s project team as the technical lead to gather, translate and understand the client’s technical and business requirements.
- Provision and enable Cloud services based on above, the detailed design from DD’s pre-sales and sales agreement. This may include infrastructure builds, Cloud platform expansion tasks and working closely with other internal teams to achieve the outcome.
- Creating technical implementation and project plans prior the data and cloud migration.
- Responsible for data transfer and client migration services.
- Documentation – User guides, As Built, solution proposal, design and Statement of Work documents
- Assist with the support handover process to BAU.
- Building various infrastructures on Dimension Data’s Cloud Platform
- Maintaining general understanding of other cloud platforms and offerings – Microsoft Azure, RackSpace, AWS
- Hands-on ITaaS mplementation experience on RackSpace and Microsoft Azure